Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: which px600 airbox on a zx12? 75mm or 100mm inlet?
bigbravedave

posted on 5/7/11 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
which px600 airbox on a zx12? 75mm or 100mm inlet?

Im after a px600 airbox set-up for my zx12 engined stuart taylor, Im seriously restricted for space and a good part of it will protrude from the bonnet as the foam filter does today.

I was just wondering which intake diameter I should go for, they come in 75 and 100mm intakes. I found one website saying the 100 mm intake is only for engines over 200hp but it is a high revving bike engine so wasn't sure.

what do folk reckon?

imp paul

posted on 5/7/11 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
try to pick 1 that's a little over your power output so you will have no worry s this way also room for improvements later if need be
bigfoot4616

posted on 5/7/11 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
go for the 100mm. we even found that was a bit restrictive on my blade engine when it was on the rolling road.

which is why i've spent the last 2 years making an airbox, its still no where near done though.
also had to repair my px600 this year, after 2 years it was splitting and coming apart

jeffw

posted on 5/7/11 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Mine did that out of the box. They are not very well made.

bigbravedave

posted on 5/7/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
so what is the 75 or 100 mm dimension, i take its the inlet diameter? do the 75 and 100mm versions have differerent plastic bodies and different itake bellmouths or is it the same plastic moulding and the size diference in the alloy intake. I was trying to figure it out as they both use the same filter element.

Also did they change the design a while ago, as some pictures show it as smooth topped and other show it as having some features in the moulding.

Also is there anywhere in the midlands I could go to have a look at them?

loads of questions there! if anyone can answer any of them that would be great

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.