Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Registration DVLA Sidcup
Michael

posted on 18/12/11 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Registration DVLA Sidcup

I would like to register my car for the new year as it is my Birthday.

I wondered if anyone has had experience with handing their papers in at Sidcup and getting it registered in person or hand it in and leave?

Thank you.

Coopz

posted on 18/12/11 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't used Sidcup DVLA but have just been through the process at Wimbledon. Reading past experiences on here it all seemed a bit daunting.

Best thing I can suggest is pop down there in person with all your associated paper work (everything) At wimbledon I was pointed into the direction of the lady that deals with Kit Cars she explained we needed an inspection which we booked in for a week later. She then had a look through all my paper work, I needed a few other bits she made me a list and said as long as she can get the time on my inspection day she will do all the paperwork there and then. Inspection day took all the paperwork down I was in and out with a tax disk within the hour.

Hope that helps.

Michael

posted on 18/12/11 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
I have had an inspection, but it was all done a bit in reverse.

I applied for a chassis number and they sent a guy to inspect it, so he had to view a chassis with engine in it, then I got a chassis number in the post.

I am going to get the insurance tomorrow, have had various quotes, and hope to get that in time to have a half day holiday and pop down to Sidcup.

Thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.