Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Got number plates on Wednesday!! Age related - success!
wz1musik

posted on 13/4/12 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Got number plates on Wednesday!! Age related - success!

So it seems a jumbled folder of receipts so hefty chat on the day and a v55/5 and v627/1 really does get you a random age related plate same mark as donor. Thanks to everyone who gave advice and commented. Really glad no q plate! Bad news is now raining so road legal and crap weather. On it goes ...

Kind Regards

Wesley

Andybarbet

posted on 13/4/12 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Great news

Im going to try & get an age related too - fingers crossed because ive got a personalised plate on retention for it once its registered .

austin man

posted on 13/4/12 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
should see you blasting around, rain is a poor mans excuse lol. Drove to Nurberg and back rained every day loved every minute

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Hammy360

posted on 13/4/12 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wz1musik
So it seems a jumbled folder of receipts so hefty chat on the day and a v55/5 and v627/1 really does get you a random age related plate same mark as donor. Thanks to everyone who gave advice and commented. Really glad no q plate! Bad news is now raining so road legal and crap weather. On it goes ...

What exactly are the rules on this/ I have the V5 from my donor and have only added a different engine, any help appreciated

[Edited on 14/4/12 by Hammy360]

coozer

posted on 14/4/12 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet
Great news

Im going to try & get an age related too - fingers crossed because ive got a personalised plate on retention for it once its registered .

You can hand the retention certificate over at time of registration to save time, thats as long as they agree on age related of course

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Andybarbet

posted on 14/4/12 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Coozer,

My private plate is 6 years older than the donor so would be great to do it at time of registration

I thought , knowing the DVLA that they would want to register it first on the donor age & then that i would have to apply for private reg transfer, They usually go the long way round !

All the best, andy

karlak

posted on 14/4/12 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
so can I put a Sxx nnn -plate private plate on a Fxxx nnn -plate Mk Indy.

I didnt think I could, but having just read something on the internet it appears that it depends when the car was registered?

a. You cannot make any vehicle appear to be younger than it actually is
eg: you cannot transfer a B-reg numberplate onto an A-reg vehicle. The age of your vehicle is the ‘declared manufactured’ or ‘first registered’ date found on your V5 logbook and not necessarily shown by its number plate

Now mine was delared maufactured 2004 and regstd 2005, so that would make a S-plate OK.

Ofcourse the above passage could be a load of tosh...

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.