Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: spaceframe mini project
Mike_82

posted on 14/10/12 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
spaceframe mini project

Hi guys, thinking of selling my spaceframe mini project as i have been offered a completed car (if the other car sells i'll just keep this and continue to work on it)

Space frame mini chassis, professionally built ex race car - based on formula ford suspension

Has new discs/pads and is extremly well built

It does still need some work (mainly finishing the steering colomn mount, replacing the front shocks as there too long and fabricating engine mounts to suit)

This is a very well made bit of kit and a great base for a project - my plan is to fit a bike engine and chain drive but i do have a audi trans axle if you wanted to fit a car engine (VW/audie 16v or 20vt etc)

Im looking for 1500 or near offer for the rolling chassis and will throw in the gearboc and some spare wheels - may consider splitting if enough interest

Please feel free to contact me for more informaition, more than happy to talk in detail about the car and the work that needs doing

Cheers

Mike

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Mike_82

posted on 14/10/12 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Car is based in Surrey if you would like to view

Trying to upload pics but photobucket isnt playing ball - happy to email pics if any oner is interested

Cheers

Mike_82

posted on 14/10/12 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote

fingers crossed this will work now

Mike_82

posted on 15/10/12 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Right, just to add a few details…

Chassis;
Professionally made space frame chassis - has previously been raced. NO CRASH DAMAGE. Has mounts for seat/harness etc
Car has had some modifications over time - none of which have effected the chassis strength
Only requires fabrication of steering column mount and for minor welding/tidying (realistically a weekends work for a good fabricator)
Requires engine mounts making/fitting to suit engine of your choice (does have mounts for the Audi trans axle)

Suspension;
Fully rose jointed double wishbones front and rear from a Formula Ford - fully adjustable camber and toe in (both inboard and outboard)
Light weight ally hubs and uprights from a Formula Ford
Front and rear adjustable anti roll bars
Spax adjustable coilovers (adjustable ride height and damping) - Note front dampers are a bit long for optimum ride height (costed up new dampers at approx 85 quid each - 2 required)

Brakes;
Vented front brakes with (I think) AP callipers (will double check) - Pads and discs are as new - Again from Formula Ford
Rear discs - Pads and discs are as new - Again from Formula Ford
Separate front and rear MC's with adjustable brake bias bar (front to rear)

Wheels;
Currently on 2 13x7 revo 4 spokes and 2 13x6 alley cats (Mini 4"/101.6pcd)
Can include set of 4x 13x10 revo 4 spokes (will throw these in free of charge at full asking price)

I have available (at extra cost) 15x8 compomotive minilight style rims with good tyres (4x100 pcd but fit fine - you can also use wobble bolts) and 15x6 5 spokes with toyo 888r's (again 4x100), tyres are worn but are ideal for track days

As said before this is a really great base for a project and although it needs some work it has potential to be an extremely completive car on track - in theory it could be put on the road with an IVA test (you would need to fit a handbrake system)

If any one is interested I have more pictures or can photo anything you might specifically want to see, im also more than happy to talk through the details of the car.

Many thanks

Mike

maccmike

posted on 16/10/12 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
12months ago Id have snapped your hand off. good luck with the sale
Mike_82

posted on 18/10/12 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
Bump for the weekend,

If some one comes and looks at this/puts a deposit down this weekend i'll do it for 1350 and i'll throw in a kirkey ali race seat

(remember this is only for sale while i can get hold of the other car im after)

Cheers

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.