Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megalog Viewer Problems
Bumble

posted on 11/3/13 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Megalog Viewer Problems

Hi all,

I'm having problems with Megalog viewer V3.26.1
I've done a search on here and see a number of similar posts and have followed the advice given but still can't resolve the problem.

In a nutshell, I'm running 2.0 Zetec on TB Injectors using Alpha-N. Runs well but have just re-balanced TB's and need to fine tune map.

I have re-calibrated TPS in Tuner Studio which works perfectly but in MegaLogViewer it reads completely differently and the VE Analyse only sees bottom row of fuel table. I've imported the MSQ used for the data log and I've set the values for TP in the Advanced Settings in Megalog viewer but to no avail.

I'm running the Lite version of MLV do I need to upgrade to the Registered version as I can't select TPS ADC as an optional field as when I select "Enable Optional Fields" it just re-directs you to the Web to upgade to the full version?

Anyone help?

Cheers,

Matt

[Edited on 11/3/13 by Bumble]

[Edited on 11/3/13 by Bumble]

omega 24 v6

posted on 11/3/13 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
I had that problem at some point ( 3 years ago)
In megalog viewer in the toolbars look for tps adc and tick the box. It doesn't seem to adapt automatic to the axis scales from your msq for some reason.
P.s. Am typing this from memory so may be a bit blurry LOl. It'll be something like taht though. There are tps % scales as well so a few varieties to find the one you need.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Bumble

posted on 11/3/13 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, thanks for the reply but I can't select TPS ADC from the pull down box as it is an "optional Field" that is greyed out. When I try to select ot says I have to enable optional fields which then sends me off to register the version of MLV!!

Matt

scudderfish

posted on 11/3/13 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
We're just talking about this for MSDroid development Assuming you're running MS1, 'Calibrate TPS' in TunerStudio writes out a file called throttle.inc into your TunerStudio project directory. You need to find this and then copy it over to where-ever MLV finds its INI files.

Regards,
Dave

omega 24 v6

posted on 11/3/13 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
I thought f you had a registered version of tuner studio then the same code allowed you acess to full megalog viewer? Maybe not the case now.

Bumble

posted on 11/3/13 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
I thought f you had a registered version of tuner studio then the same code allowed you acess to full megalog viewer? Maybe not the case now.

Nope not the case. I have the full registered version of TS but does not work for MLV!!

omega 24 v6

posted on 11/3/13 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Mmm used to. Mind you was 3 year ago.

Bumble

posted on 11/3/13 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
We're just talking about this for MSDroid development Assuming you're running MS1, 'Calibrate TPS' in TunerStudio writes out a file called throttle.inc into your TunerStudio project directory. You need to find this and then copy it over to where-ever MLV finds its INI files.

Regards,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes I'm running MS1......can't see the throttle.inc file in TS project directory and have no idea where MLV finds it's ini files!!
Will keep trying.

Thanks,
Matt

scudderfish

posted on 11/3/13 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
I was doing that off the top of my head I'll dig into it tonight.

Regards,
Dave

scudderfish

posted on 11/3/13 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
OK I was mainly talking out of my backside before When you do 'Calibrate TPS' it does create a file called throttlefactor.inc in the inc subdirectory. However when TS is logging, it outputs a % (0-100) for TP in the 5th column of the log file. If you open the MSL file in Excel (it's a tab separated file) you should be able to find it.

Regards,
Dave

Bumble

posted on 11/3/13 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Dave...but what do I need to do in order for it to work in Megalog viewer? It's reading a TP value in MLV but when looking at the VE table all the events stay in the bottom row of the table regardless of what the actual TP value is.
Cheers,
Matt
PS......bear with me!!

scudderfish

posted on 11/3/13 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm, don't know.

email me the MSL/MSQ combo and I'll have a look in my MLV.

Regards,
Dave

dave.g.smith@gmail.com

Bumble

posted on 12/3/13 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Sent you the files to your e-mail.
Thanks,
Matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.