Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ebay frustration/confusion
loggyboy

posted on 24/10/13 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
ebay frustration/confusion

Bit of a rant/discussion point. Will keep it as short and sweet as I can make it.
Won some localish wheels, they were offered for collection or arrange own courier, no mention of cash only. Newish seller, 20ish feedback, but all positive, inc as a seller. Arranged collection in person, went to pay via paypal (no cash till payday!) and it wouldnt go thru, something about needing to confirm postage costs with seller first. So I messaged asking the seller to invoice with £0 postage charge so I could pay, got a blunt reply requesting cash, I explained it needed to be paypal, but got a blunter reply saying to cancel sale, I still wanted the wheels so asked if they were refusing to accept paypal, to which I got 'my paypal is not working'.
2 mins later a email from ebay requesting a cancellation on grounds I hadnt paid, which I reluctantly agreed to as it felt like it was going to be too hard work. Left negative feedback (nothing rude, just that they refused to take paypal and needed to learn how ebay works) and in response to that i got this:

'thanks for leaving me bad feedback, I will pop in and see you soon.'
And quoted my name and address.

Where do theses c***s come from, honestly??
Not sure what to make of it, idle threat or be on high alert?
I hope the former, after all, I have his address too, and the message above was thru ebay and I have CCTV.

[Edited on 24-10-13 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

maccmike

posted on 25/10/13 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
Hopefully he'll miss out on future sales when buyers see his response to you.
mike2704

posted on 25/10/13 at 06:28 AM Reply With Quote
ebay tw*t

Hi, name him on here and say you are the member of a very nice club, us of course and threats are not acceptable.
Fellow local members will come and visit him in numbers
You do get a few assh*les on ebay but dont let it worry you.
Cheers Mike

r1_pete

posted on 25/10/13 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
You mean he responded in the feedback page with your address? if so report it to ebay, they will remove it, being there it will contravene data protection rules.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 25/10/13 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry, I wasnt clear, he responded by ebay/email, not directly to the feedback. However, if he goes any further I will indeed add a new comment, and get ebay or police involved.

Ive dug further, hes a 'director' of a recovery firm, he coaches under 9s football for a large league, must be at least 50, so not some young twonk with a natural excuse for being immature

Mistral Motorsport

r1_pete

posted on 25/10/13 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
Report it to ebay now, if you do nothing and things do escalate, the question can always be asked why you didn't report it to the relavent bodies at the time.
TBH I recon it will just be stupidity, I'm sure he wouldn't want this escalating and the parents of all those 9 year olds getting wind of his activities.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
owelly

posted on 25/10/13 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Simple reply:
"thankyou for offering to call round with the wheels. Let me know when and I'll make sure I have the cash and the dogs are locked away."

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

v8kid

posted on 25/10/13 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
That is completely unacceptable behavior and should be reported straight away to ebay. Sorry to put you on the spot but if he is allowed to get away with it he will do it again and again. The danger is he may actually carry out his threat or someone more vulnerable may believe he will and be caused acute distress.

Ebay have a responsibility to stamp this out but they need to know about it first.

For the sake of other unfortunates who may come in contact with this behavior you should report it.

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

ashg

posted on 25/10/13 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Report him to eBay they will ban him for threatening behaviour.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

loggyboy

posted on 25/10/13 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Duely reported.

Mistral Motorsport

Not Anumber

posted on 25/10/13 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
It is very unlikely he will drop round or cause you any grief. It's just the way that less than articulate people tend to say dont f@ck with me- he thinks youve done him a diservice and he's told you where to get off and that should be the end of it, forgotten.

However I wouldnt suggest you follow through with a complaint to Ebay as this would give him a reason to escalate.

Proby

posted on 25/10/13 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
He sounds like a right tosser. I could rant on for ages about ebay, as myself a private sellers and the wife's misfortunes as a business seller. Grrrrrr.

Visit GraphicMonster

Smoking Frog

posted on 25/10/13 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Well done for reporting him. In my experience he's just blowing smoke and trying to scare you. If he intended to cause harm I don't think he would be warning you and leaving threatening messages which could be used as proof against him.
SteveWallace

posted on 25/10/13 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Don't forget as well that he will need a valid CRB check to coach 9 year olds. If he's done for assault he'll get his CRB status cancelled and so will have damaged himself more that you (especially if you have a breaker bar to hand should he come round).

More than likely that he won't do anything anyway, cowards threaten action, the real thugs just do it.

v8kid

posted on 25/10/13 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Duely reported.

Good man, well done.

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.