Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy dimentions?
donut

posted on 16/10/02 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Indy dimentions?

Has anyone got the length & width dimentions of a built indy? I have 14' x 9' max space in my garage which i think is going to be tight?

Cheers

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CairB

posted on 16/10/02 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I've just measured mine. They should be reasonable as the car had cooled down after a quick blast.

3260mm nose to tail
1680mm across the rear arches
1650mm across the cycle wings
1050mm o'ert roll bar

If you have trouble fitting it in try DrWho@tardistechnologies

I ended up needing to get some hyperspace racking from Machine Mart to store the donor parts. Useful to be able to curl up in those extra dimensions.

Hope this helps.

Colin

donut

posted on 17/10/02 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Colin

Thanks for the dimensions. Me being an old bugger i'm going to have to convert into feet and inches!!

(later that morning...) Right i have converted 3260mm to come out at 10ft 8inches which is about 8 inches longer than a mini. That can't be right ? Sounds too short to me.

Can anyone else confirm?

As your car had just been out for a blast would it be longer and wider due to being hot with all that lovely vibration??

Cheers

Andy

[Edited on 17/10/02 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Squirrel

posted on 17/10/02 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Garage Size -

Donut, I wondered about this aswell, as I've only got a single garage to work in which is similar in dimensions to yours. I can get a Merc C220 in mine although it's a squeeze, so I am pretty sure you'll fit a completed MK in. Having said that, you won't have a lot of room to wander around it...
donut

posted on 17/10/02 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Squirrel

I bought myself a 10 meter measuring tape today to draw some lines on the garage floor and all looks fine. The measurements i put up before were taking into account shelving and a work bench. The actual size if my garage is 18' x 11'. I should have plenty of room to work on the car so mee iz a happy bunny!

Andy

Andy

bob

posted on 17/10/02 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thats plenty room,i've got 22x11ft and i'm swimming in space now bits are starting to get fixed to car.

Have a word with steveM about space in the garage,he buit his own chassis in the smallest garage i've ever seen.

If i can get a scanner for pic i have i'll post it on archive if ok with steve,you will never complain about space again if seen

By the way,without looking i think my chassis was 10ft6" ish.Went staight in the back of normal transit.

[Edited on 17/10/02 by bob]

donut

posted on 17/10/02 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Bob

That's great.

A friend has a special trailer for transporting mini's and he has offered to pick the chassis up with me. He also has a Land Rover Discovery to get the rest of the bit's in. I have purchased all the fibre glass and a donor kit too so it may get a little cramped. I'm hoping to put some of the fibre glass on the trailer with the chassis.

All i need now is that phone call from Martin

Andy

bob

posted on 17/10/02 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Take plenty of straps and foam or the likes,twill stop chassis bouncing all over

donut

posted on 17/10/02 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
I like a bit of bouncing... (.)(.) know what i mean!!!

Andy

DEAN C.

posted on 19/10/02 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Bouncing? Thought about stiffer springs!
Dean.........

DEAN C.

posted on 19/10/02 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
On second thoughts screw the shocks up a bit! Sorry I couldnt help but join in.
Dean........

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.