Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VVT Pro
Daf

posted on 5/6/20 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
VVT Pro

Bit of a long shot but I want to fiddle with the cam timing on my ST170 and I was wondering if anyone has a VVT-Pro from ME that they no longer want?

Unfortunately they don't manufacture this anymore so the only other option it to ditch the VVT completely.

Nickp

posted on 5/6/20 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't got one but was lucky enough to pick one up for a previous project with an ST170 engine. It worked a treat on that engine along with megajolt for sparks and ZX6R carbs for fuel. It had a lovely smooth power/torque curve from tickover to the redline where it made 178bhp on the rollers. The VVT is really what sets this engine apart from the lesser Zetecs, so do try to get it working properly if you can.
Daf

posted on 5/6/20 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yes the switching that I'm doing at the moment was only ever a temporary solution (three years of temporary!)

If I can't get hold of one I'll go down the vernier pulley and delete route but I'd really rather have it running properly if I can.

Nickp

posted on 6/6/20 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daf
Yes the switching that I'm doing at the moment was only ever a temporary solution (three years of temporary!)

If I can't get hold of one I'll go down the vernier pulley and delete route but I'd really rather have it running properly if I can.

Yeah, switching the VVT seems to be just about the worst thing you can do with these engines. When mapped properly he VVT actually goes towards full advance just after tickover then gradually decreases as the revs rise. This is best for torque / power when the guys at ME tested the system and developed the VVT Pro. A fixed / compromised cam timing figure is a better but still compromised option if you're unable to do it properly through electronics.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.