Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Thinking of selling
rickys2000

posted on 1/10/20 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Thinking of selling

Maybe up for selling my S2000 Viento with Jenveys in the not to distant future. However have no idea what its worth at this stage. Any ideas would be appreciated.

A quick Spec....
S2000 engine and gearbox
Jenvey throttle bodies
OMEX 710 ECU
Private plate.. V13NTO. Cool eh !

Cheers
Ricky

Mash

posted on 1/10/20 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Bad time to sell it Mate. I'm going to sell my Indy, but with the Covid situation making it difficult and the weather about to turn really nasty I'm hanging on until next year.
big_wasa

posted on 1/10/20 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
Yeh hang on until next year and I can make some room
rickys2000

posted on 1/10/20 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Yup agree its not the best time at all.. However what do you think it could be worth say by next spring
Irony

posted on 1/10/20 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
A Viento with a RV8 went on eBay a couple of days back. It finished at £7250. I thought it would go higher as it had a lot of bids. I am always 'thinking' of selling mine so I keep track of prices. Somewhere between £7K and £10K for nice examples. Having kept an eye on prices they seem to be slowly creeping upwards as Luego has essentially abandoned the cars.

I would suspect that yours with the S2000 would be more valuable than a RV8 version. Deffo wait till spring though.

Irony

posted on 1/10/20 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Also is that vinyl or paint? Looking at your archive I am assuming its vinyl. Looks stunning on the pic. Is it as nice in real life. Been thinking of doing mine.
big_wasa

posted on 1/10/20 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Price,

A really nicely finished Rv8 powered Viento sold on auction last week for just under 8k. ( 7850 ? )

A nice but lairy Zetec on Jenvey powered Viento was up earlier in the year for simlar money.

I do know the s2000 lump is getting harder to find and going up in price.

I think the price of kits in general has done really well over the last 6 months, probably with people having a bit more time.

My opinion would be 8 to 9 k depending on build quality ect. Out of interest is it registered as a Viento. Gov website shows it as a Luego Caterham Super 7 sports ?

[Edited on 1/10/20 by big_wasa]

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/10/20 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa

Gov website shows it as a Luego Caterham Super 7 sports ?

so it does actually just a Caterham Super 7

[Edited on 1/10/20 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rickys2000

posted on 1/10/20 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
yup it is actually registered as a Luego Caterham Super 7 sports - even the MOT says that. Its been like that since the original IVA back in 2009 ! Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing but it is what it is
The grey was a vinyl wrap but he car is now painted matt black. Still looks as stunning thoug, especially with the stainless sides

minineil70

posted on 2/10/20 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in the market for a 'larger' kit car, please give me a shout if/when you're ready to sell.
Cheers

Dave Bailey

posted on 31/10/20 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
Not quite as big but I have Luego Velocity on Pistonheads for sale if you are still looking...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.