Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Poly bushes.
Kev1n

posted on 5/6/22 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Poly bushes.

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know what size poly bushes are required for a velocity xt.
I have taken one out and measured 42mm long but can’t seem to find any that size ?
Thanks in advance.

Mr Whippy

posted on 6/6/22 at 12:50 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think they have to be exactly that length. So long as they both fit and the diameter is correct, a few mm either way inside the tube won't make any difference.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 6/6/22 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Agree in principle with Mr Whippy here it's the inner and outer Ø fit on the crush tube and wishbone that's more important than the exact length of them.
rusty nuts

posted on 7/6/22 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Whichever poly bushes you choose make sure the crush tube is long enough for the job. Crush tube issue is a well known problem , I suspect a lot of wishbone failures are down to it?
nick205

posted on 7/6/22 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Whichever poly bushes you choose make sure the crush tube is long enough for the job. Crush tube issue is a well known problem , I suspect a lot of wishbone failures are down to it?

Good point rusty, the wishbone should be able to rotate, but not slide back n' forth in the chassis bracket.

In some cases it can pay to buy a set of poly bushes with crush tubes to ensure the correct fit. That also means you start with new crush tubes that don't have any corrosion on them.

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/6/22 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
stainless being the best but rare. Plenty of grease is a good solution and I like packing the gap between the bushes before inserting the tube

That sounds rude but isn't meant to be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gersen

posted on 19/1/23 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Day late and a dollar short - but for future reference.

From my XT they are:

45mm long and a 29 mm diameter polybush.

I picked up these to replace a damaged one.
https://www.duraflexpubushes.com/haynes-roadster-locost-wishbone-bush-pair-42-p.asp

Oh and defo had to use large washers to shim the wishbone to the mount size correctly - shout if you need a photo!

[Edited on 19/1/23 by Gersen]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.