Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VOSA VANS ...
G3OFF

posted on 11/4/05 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
VOSA VANS ...

Helllo..

anyone seen those VOSA vans kicking about in there local area?

looks like some sort of mobile testing station they have introduced.. as they were pulling people to one side and looking at the cars...

anyone got any info?....

no such thing as to much power......

JoelP

posted on 11/4/05 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
i saw an 05 plate van, stripey back end, funny grey and blue lines down the side, blue lights but no mention of the word 'police'. is this one? its been parked up for a few days, and you can vaguely see cameras in the back windows.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Danozeman

posted on 11/4/05 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
That one sounds like a safety camera van..

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

chunkielad

posted on 11/4/05 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
VOSA are clamping down on illegal fuel (red diesel etc) so their vans are all over the place.
ned

posted on 11/4/05 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
time for the catsan then

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mac1ZR

posted on 11/4/05 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
we drove our car up to mac 1 in sheffield the day after our 1 st sva failure-got pulled by VOSA roadside check!they were going to check emissions but we explained they had failed already so the bloke let us go on our way
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 11/4/05 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/hgvpsvoperators/vosaroadsidechecks/vosaroadsidechecks.htm

that what they are about.
The customs boys do the tank dips and swab the exhaust the test it in the mobile lab.
Then the road tax boys do there thing with specs camera equipment to catch you with no road tax.
THen the scamera speed saftey boys are after you for speeding

After all these ********* have had a chunk you wonder why you are still driving...

G3OFF

posted on 11/4/05 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
what about all the peeps that remove the rubber edge trim.. and all those "sva" only bits...

theres a lot of Roadside Prohibitions on that list... could you image getting pulled someone who just doesnt like locosts....

no such thing as to much power......

clbarclay

posted on 11/4/05 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chunkielad
VOSA are clamping down on illegal fuel (red diesel etc) so their vans are all over the place.

If they check red deisel then they often hang round agricultural shows, diping the tanks of landrovers as people leave the show.

wilkingj

posted on 11/4/05 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clbarclay
If they check red deisel then they often hang round agricultural shows, diping the tanks of landrovers as people leave the show.

Oi... Its not us Landy drivers... Red Diesel stains the inside of the pipes and cant be cleaned out.

Info on Diesel Laundering

They use Sulphuric Acid to wash it out. You get some of the acid left in the fuel, and it eats the heart out of your diesel pump. Diesel pumps are Expesnive to repair.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 11/4/05 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
You can use red diesel as long as you declare it and pay the tax on it, same with alternative fuel like chip oil etc.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

JoelP

posted on 11/4/05 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
as pete says, its the tax evasion thats illegal, not the fuels themselves! not sure how you would prove that you were paying the correct amount of duty though...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

JamJah

posted on 11/4/05 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Chip Oil should be included in the clean fuel provisions. Shouldnt be paying tax on it. Like you dont get taxed on solar power.
I think the only tax you may face is if you have to do it through a middleman like powergen. *Other suppliers are availible.*

omega 24 v6

posted on 11/4/05 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
they've been doing emission checks up here if you fail i believe its £60 and a retest mot to prove youv'e got it sorted. Don't qoute me on this though
Have also heard a rumour that you can only drive certain colour cars on certain days of the week on a rotational basis with no fore warning. Get it wrong and its a fine. Soon we will have no pennies left to spend on our cars.

Peteff

posted on 12/4/05 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
That's like the conversion to driving on the right later this year. All cars registered before 2000 start in June and those registered after convert in August. Bikes will carry on using the middle as before.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

omega 24 v6

posted on 12/4/05 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
LOL but would we be surprised if all of this were true. PROBABLY NOT.
ned

posted on 12/4/05 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
I think these specs cameras are actually a good idea, if they are hooked up to a database and can check road tax and possibly insurance i teh future it'll make the roads safer imho. send fines and court proceedings to the registered owners etc.

i doubt most people would have nothing to worry about with the vosa checks, so they aren't really a concern unless you are partaking in some dodgy fuel, which to a point serves you right.

speed camera's - lets not go there - again.

Ned.

keith2lp

posted on 12/4/05 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I have read some where that VOSA are increasing there mobile presence and Hampshire police are the first force to allow them to stop you without a police officer being present.

Sounds like another way to extract a few more pennies from us.

Keith

irvined

posted on 12/4/05 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Does anybody else find this blurring the lines between policement and normal (un)civil servant a little worrying?

D

omega 24 v6

posted on 13/4/05 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
You have to stop for a police officer. Would you need to stop for anyone else.If so you mind find all sorts of weirdos setting up road blocks in quiet areas to trap women travelling alone etc. Or am i being to sceptical.
ned

posted on 13/4/05 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
you have to stop if you hit someone, so if you really want to pull anyone over you have to just give em a nudge, then stop to check vehicles/exchange insurance details.

This is good if you need to find out where someone lives, get a mate to give em a bump, make sure it's nice and soft so there's no damage, but insist on exchanging details

Ned.

craig1410

posted on 13/4/05 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Ned,
I don't think you have to give out your address, only your name and insurance details.

Isn't there also a law which allows you to refuse to stop if you have reason to believe the police officer is not genuine? Might be tricky to get away with that when you are surrounded on the M6 by 6 marked police cars and a helicopter though...

Cheers,
Craig.

Avoneer

posted on 17/4/05 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
You can stop and refuse to get out of your vehicle and ask them to follow you to the local police station if you are concerned about them being genuine.
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.