Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zorstec
ortontom

posted on 17/4/05 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Zorstec

Hello Im a newie to the forum so go easy.

Ive just bought a locoblade with a fireblade engine.

It has a zorstec exhaust on it, which I feel is a tad too loud for most track days.

Any suggestions for a slightly quieter sound track? Can i just change the can?

All very good so far though this weekend had a rear drum brake nearly catch alight then today the reverse selector thing left the car in reverse.....

I consider that a welcome to the world of kit cars.

Also are there any brake upgrades for the car, really id like to get rid of the drums at the rear.

any suggestions please let me know.

...one final note, Ive driven plenty of fast cars in my time including most recently a Lambo Galardo and nothing comes near the sheer verosity this thing accelerates at. Quite amazing.

tom

chunkielad

posted on 17/4/05 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly mate, people do change the back end to brakes if it's Sierra based (not sure if this is though) Most say it isn't required due to the lack of weight.

As far as the exhaustr is concerned, you may be able to re pack it. If the box is welded, you're out of luck, if riveted, you could drill the rivets out and add baffle material until you're happy.

JoelP

posted on 17/4/05 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
never heard of rear brakes setting on fire - you must've been using it hard! if its a sierra back end, its easiest to just replace the full shebang with disc brake stuff - diff, shafts and brakes all in one.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.