Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Good deed for the day
dave dickson

posted on 17/5/05 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Good deed for the day

So there I was this evening working overtime.
Slaving away for a few extra hours to make my minted-rich boss even richer, whilst earning myself a few pennies to make my existance more bearable.
(can you tell I dont like my job?)

After I was finished I was just leaving and spotted someone lurking about at the gate.
Randoms at the gate after hours are nearly always pikeys (I work at a caravan dealership) "Haw man, how muckle is yer cheapest van, like?"

[Snatch] I fooking HATE pikeys[/Snatch]

Anyway, this guy looked a lot better dressed than the average new-age traveller so I asked what he was after. He had quite a strong foreign accent, Spanish or Italian maybe, I couldnt tell. He wanted a mains connection lead for a caravan, but had been stuck in traffic hence him arriving after we shut. The alarm was set by then and I didnt want to open up again as I would get a rollocking for it tomorrow. I considered sending the guy to the boss`s house next door to ask, but seeing as the boss is such a miserable chuff, he would either just refuse or charge the guy triple "for the inconvenience"

The poor guy was stuck without the lead so I told him to follow me and we went up to my garage, which is the old workshop/store for work as I reckoned there was bound to be a few old leads lying around. Sure enough there was one, which I gave to the guy. He asked how much I wanted.
Seeing as the lead would just end up in the bin eventually, I didnt want anything for it. He insisted so I said £5. He said he would give me something worth more than that instead.
From the boot fo his car he produced a folio of paintings. Turns out he was an art student and had done them all himself. He allowed me to take my pick.

I was gob-smacked. the paintings were fabulous quality.
He insisted I take one, so I chose this...

Cheers mate.

[Edited on 17/5/05 by dave dickson]

scoobyis2cool

posted on 17/5/05 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one! Goes to show there are still some decent folk out there!

What are you going to do with it? Hang it up or stick on ebay to make a few more quid "to make your existance more bearable"

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dave dickson

posted on 17/5/05 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Im gonna hang it up.
Its quite a conincidence actually. My sister is well into horses and about ten years ago did me a painting of a white horse in exactly the same pose.

Not as good as this one though!

Peteff

posted on 17/5/05 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah right....

They were seen making a getaway towing an Eldiss caravan.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.