Author: Subject: Jamster
RoadkillUK

posted on 19/5/05 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Jamster

Enough already !!!!

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 20/5/05 at 02:35 AM Reply With Quote
Agreed. I just sent them an email asking them to stop.

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Scotty

posted on 20/5/05 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
something we should know about ?????

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

Danozeman

posted on 20/5/05 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
That dam frog thing gets right on your tits dont it. Sweety the chick and that dragon thing are cack too!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

ned

posted on 20/5/05 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
some git in a suit somewhere will be making a mint though, they must be sellng like hotcakes if they can afford all this advertising tv space..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

splitrivet

posted on 20/5/05 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Was watching ER last night and it was on twice in every ad break,what dimwit decided on that,he wants his nuts putting in a vice.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

flak monkey

posted on 20/5/05 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
For those without a clue....

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Peteff

posted on 20/5/05 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
,he wants his nuts putting in a vice

Yup, then take the handle off, give him a hacksaw blade and set fire to the shed . I used to love the insanity test but that bloody frog ruined it for me. edit:- blunt hacksaw blade.

[Edited on 20/5/05 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

donut

posted on 20/5/05 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Apparently with the orig ringtone for Crazy Frog, Jamster made over 14 million Sqid profit! I just hope they give some to the guy who originaly recorded the sound!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

ChrisW

posted on 20/5/05 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
A good friend of mine runs a similar company - www.mobiletones.com - and makes a fortune out of it!

Chris

Scotty

posted on 20/5/05 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
ah ! penny clicked now, don't watch much tv

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

pbura

posted on 20/5/05 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Never seen it before.

Ringtones, Jesus. Who gives a sh*t? Can't believe the scams for separating fools from their money.

Same thing with text messaging. Why, I asked my daughter, would someone screw around with that infernal button-mashing when they could simply dial the number and talk? She explained that it's popular with kids text-messaging during classes at school. Probably popular with the "FO at work" crowd, too.

Pete

splitrivet

posted on 20/5/05 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Did you notice during the Ad that the subscription to jamster was £3 a week,just goes to prove theres one born every minute.
Cheers,
Bob

chrism

posted on 20/5/05 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by splitrivet
Did you notice during the Ad that the subscription to jamster was £3 a week,just goes to prove theres one born every minute.
Cheers,
Bob

Especially when with most phones you can buy a data cable on eBay for about £5 that plugs into your phone and lets you transfer ringtones, etc. from your PC to your phone.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

Mark Allanson

posted on 20/5/05 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
There is a much darker side to this Jamster thing. Our foremans eldest son signed up to the thing and they send you texts which charge your pay as you go phone a quid a time. You get 12 texts per month, and you cannot stop them unless you text back the correct quit password.

If you look at the adverts carefully, the quit password is different in every one. If you didn't make a note of the password on the advert that you replied to, they will continue to take a quid off you every 3 days until you reply correctly, or destroy your sim card.

Nice way of doing business!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

dave dickson

posted on 20/5/05 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
I dont watch TV at all, so until the other day had no idea what this Jamster phenominon is about.
Yeah, the ad is irritating, but I salute the guy who devised it all. he must be raking the money in. A few low-outlay "music" tracks, set up a website where people subscribe for an extortionate fee, keep the small-print on how to unsubscribe very very small and hard to find, sit back and watch the cash roll in.
Allegedly the guy made a million in an incredibly short time and there is no sign of it slowing down.

I just dont get the whole ring-tone thing. I have an old mobile phone (rarely used) and the tone is a normal "ring ring" Why would I want to pay £3 or so for a ringtone that I switch off as soon as posssible by answering the phone?

MikeRJ

posted on 20/5/05 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Alternative to the bloody frog: (absolutely NOT work safe!)

http://www.headstaggers.com/?shoe=flash&moo=show&id=22

flak monkey

posted on 20/5/05 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hehehehe

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

phelpsa

posted on 20/5/05 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Haha lol, the school sensors didnt even pick that one up!

Adam

Lawnmower

posted on 21/5/05 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Also shows a change in the times,
Ringtones were adapted from music singles, now it seems that music singles are now adapted telphone ringtones.

The 'Crazy Frog' Single is due out soon...

Peteff

posted on 21/5/05 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
the school sensors didnt even pick that one up

Do you mean the censors Adam?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

splitrivet

posted on 23/5/05 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, naughty corner for you Adam.
Cheers,
Bob

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.