Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Whats going on in schools?
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/10/05 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Whats going on in schools?

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13452416,00.html

The little ***** that did this should be hung. Ive got serious scaring on my face and it took 200 stitches to repair the damage the first time and about the same the second time. Im ok about it as a guy but this is a youngster and a female at that. (First time surfboard and 2nd time attacked by an Afrikaaner on steriods)

[Edited on 21-10-05 by mangogrooveworkshop]

marcyboy

posted on 21/10/05 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
bring back corporal punshment and drop the juvenile bit, where for every crime you commit stays on your record forever and make an example of them, bringing back the stocks and throwing rotten food and curlers at them,public humiliation would work a treat too imagine the crowds you could even sell tickets and the donations could go to the victim as compensation
zxrlocost

posted on 21/10/05 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
no good even getting a sweat on about it nothing will change only get worse..

Im off on holiday abroad on monday hadnt ever stepped abroad till last april...

cant wait

YOU CAN WALK AROUND AT NIGHT THERES NOT ONE SPOT OF BOTHER its heaven because the spanish policedo not bleep around simple as....

DISCIPLINE

and get rid of stupid lollypop flourescant jackets

OMG what a joke our country is for law

chris

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

jon_haggerty

posted on 21/10/05 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
The fact that it came from a 12 year old kinda suggests to me that its not only the schools fault but also her upbringing. 12 year old dont learn that at school.
zxrlocost

posted on 21/10/05 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
also on the same kind of mental wavelength...

to do with younger people Im only 22 but I notice loads of even younger lads who own not to old cars ie S reg and later drive them like pricks crash them and then
for some fecking wow wee reason...

a few weeks later there driving round in new cars wheres the learn your lesson in that!

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

I love speed :-P

posted on 21/10/05 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
its all do with money, targets and perants. At my school if they exclude somebody my school has to pay money out and find a new school for the child, whereas if they keep the kid in school the goverment will give them money. Also the perants dont give a toss what there kids are doing cus the are on drugs etc

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
I love speed :-P

posted on 21/10/05 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
also to add to that, if ur one of these kids who should of been excluded, if u come in for the full week, ie 100% attendance, u get to go to mcdonels for free

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JamieG

posted on 21/10/05 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Jesus christ!

That looks bloody awful!

quote:

Details of the attack came as Education Secretary Ruth Kelly was expected to give backing to new rights for teachers to discipline and restrain unruly pupils.

There wouldn't need to be physical restraint if kids were taught about discipline in the first place by their parents

zxrlocost

posted on 21/10/05 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Ill tell you all something Im generally a nice chap but if theres one thing Ive learnt young,

if you are an arrogant tossa moody etc etc

you will get loads of respect from absolutely everyone If you are nice you are boring and people dont give a poo about you

UNLESS THEY WANT SOMETHING then suddenly theyve remembered where you live

zxrlocost

posted on 21/10/05 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
my point being the person who will be pampered looked after is the attacker not the victim

Triton

posted on 21/10/05 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Society has gone for a huge dump and i blame the parents for both going out to work and leaving their kids to do whatever they want...might be old fashioned but the totties place is looking after the kids..

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

andyd

posted on 21/10/05 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
All kids should be taught respect from an early age if they are to remain in our society. There should be more time devoted to martial arts in my opinion. Part of school funding should be directed at teaching primary age kids. And before anyone says "yeah but that's teaching them to fight", take a martial arts class or two. It's primarily about being able to take care of yourself but it's also about repecting others. If you can get the right instructor the kids learn to respect them and other adults too. Part of the problem comes from a complete lack of respect by kids of any adult. They come to realise that they can get away with stuff because the adults are powerless. Teach 'em young enough and they won't.

Andy

marcyboy

posted on 21/10/05 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
maybe the schools and the parents should teach some taoist philosphy and they can follow the way...lol

i'm old fashioned in my way of thinking so my kids get raised firm but fair with plenty of balance and a healthy respect for their parents..so in theory they will have respect for everyone,

jonbeedle

posted on 21/10/05 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
We've been here before! As I said last time, it's time to get tough in this country instead of just moaning! We need to bring back discipline in schools and on the streets before it's too late!
Cheers
Jon

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

NS Dev

posted on 21/10/05 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zxrlocost
also on the same kind of mental wavelength...

to do with younger people Im only 22 but I notice loads of even younger lads who own not to old cars ie S reg and later drive them like pricks crash them and then
for some fecking wow wee reason...

a few weeks later there driving round in new cars wheres the learn your lesson in that!

Have thought exactly the same myself! I am a bit older at 28 but I did the crash and burn thing at 18 and then worked my arse off for the summer and paid £600 for another car to learn the lessons of life in (mainly how to weld!!!!!)

Chavved up Saxo on free insurance and a 0% finance deal that hangs over you till you're 30 seems to be the order of the day now.

back to the topic, that is just disgusting. Yes sure we used to beat the poo out of each other at school but not scar each other for life

NS Dev

posted on 21/10/05 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
bloody hell, the site automatically substituted poo for 5hit!!
Ian Pearson

posted on 21/10/05 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
What can you expect from a society that thinks it's unfair on kids to make them pass exams before they can move on to the next year of education. We are no longer able to expel kids from school for continous bad behaviour. In fact, we can't even call it "expel" any more, as it's too traumatic, we have to refer to it as"exclude".

IMHO, in the so called civilised world, are suffering from years of do gooders screwing it up for us. I'm all for democracy, but things have gone absolutely bonkers.

Rules, Discipline, punishment and National Service!

zilspeed

posted on 21/10/05 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
And they look at us like we're crazy when they say that teachers had the belt when I was at school.
Don't get me wrong, the thought of my child getting corporal punishment appalls me, but I do know that if I ever got the belt as punishment it was for outrageous behaviour which I never ever *ever* repeated.

JamieG

posted on 21/10/05 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Just thought i'd add,; About 6 years ago my school was burnt down by some little b*stard when i was studying for my gcse exams. It was widely believed that a certain individual started it but lack of evidence etc resulting in NO charges!!! can you believe that! The kid was always a trouble maker who was allowed to get away with more and more things and it resulted in this.

Looks like evidence enough to me!!

steve_gus

posted on 21/10/05 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
I left school in 1975, and managed to get through it without any corpral punishment. However, if you got out of line you knew it was gonna hurt. The worst thing that happend in my school was the school thug stabbed someone in the hand with a screwdriver once. That wa it. No drugs, no fires, nowt.

Someone did let cliff richards tyres down on a visit once - does that count as good or bad ?

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

posted on 21/10/05 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonbeedle
...... We need to bring back discipline in schools and on the streets before it's too late!
Cheers
Jon

It's already to late!

dl_peabody

posted on 21/10/05 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Parents & Children

If you brought back corporal punishment the parents would soil themselves. Meanwhile society continues to protect the guilty and look suspiciously on the victim.

If I thought corporal punishment would have stopped this girl from getting her face slashed I would say paddle the lot of them. (A few of the teachers too) We are too worried about a childs self esteem and not setting limits on kids how can society be surprised when something like this happens.

My opinion is that the guilty kid should be punished/inprisoned as long as the girl has scars, plus an extra month for every stitch she has.

Where were the school teachers when the younger kid was getting bullied? Where were the teachers? Why did a 12 yo girl have to do their job?

What does the Good book say? "Spare the rod spoil the child"?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.