Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Challenge (Argos) dremel type tool
02GF74

posted on 28/3/06 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Challenge (Argos) dremel type tool

My Black n Decker Wizard (dremel look-al-like) tool is busted; I suspect the main spindle has snapped and when I get it apart, I reckon is unfixable.

So looking in Argos catalouge, they do a Challenge tool for about £ 30; got flexi drive and other nice stuff; plus is 130 W!!

Any one used this or know if any good?

brashhighlander

posted on 28/3/06 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah I have this. I bought it because of its price and for everything that come with it. I didn't expect it to be up to much but I was surprised by it.

I have had it 18 months and it has taken a fair beating and still going strong. The only bad thing is that it is a bit of a pain to tighten the chuck bit up.

If mine does break I would buy another one.

melly-g

posted on 28/3/06 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got a wizard thats burnt the motor out. But I lost drive on it ages ago and got a spare part which is a spring thing that transfers drive from the motor to the tip, could this be the problem with yours? If it is I have got another spare spring or I could just send you the whole thing!
02GF74

posted on 28/3/06 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by melly-g
Ive got a wizard thats burnt the motor out. But I lost drive on it ages ago and got a spare part which is a spring thing that transfers drive from the motor to the tip, could this be the problem with yours? If it is I have got another spare spring or I could just send you the whole thing!

thanks for the offer - lemme see what the problem is first. I need to open it - it has
secuirty bolts so have borrowed a set off a mate at work.

The motor spins ok, but the chuck does not move - so the connection between the two is busted.

(I've had it a few years and its had some abuse -ported 2 rover v8 heads ith it as well as a xflow inlet manifold - handy piece of kit)

[Edited on 28/3/06 by 02GF74]

02GF74

posted on 29/3/06 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
yep; you're right. the drive spring betwen the motor and the chuck has busted.

my wizard is tr550. sent you a u2u.

Andybarbet

posted on 29/3/06 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got the Challenge jobbie from argos and its great, my wizard also sheared off the drive spring but was told i couldnt get a replacement spring !
Seems they were telling lies and its cost me 30 quid

MikeLR

posted on 29/3/06 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Had a similar problem with broken spring, just make one from some thinish alloy sheet.Mine has not broken since.
Used many timed during Tiger build !

Krismc

posted on 29/3/06 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
ive got a £19.99 clark muti tool and its really good my black and decker wizard was crap just kept knacking bits!

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.