Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Sticky number plates.......
Jon Ison

posted on 4/4/06 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Sticky number plates.......

I had trouble a good while ago getting hold of these and though they had now disappeared with the new "need a log book too get a plate law" but noticed in Towsure at Sheffield at the weekend they where selling them and all the letters, may be handy for anyone needing a set.

owelly

posted on 4/4/06 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I thought they only sold the yellow ones? And when I enquired a couple of months ago, they still wanted to see my docs before I could have one of them!!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 4/4/06 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
ahhhhhhh, I didn't try too buy one just saw them on the shelf in the main shop bit not behind the counter, there was some white ones there though. Even with docs its a source though.

Kissy

posted on 4/4/06 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
I think Towsure sell them as wheelie bin house number carriers!! They are getting scarce, white and yellow. Reckon there's a market out there??? I'd be prepared to buy a few hundred in on a speculative basis.
RazMan

posted on 4/4/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure you can still get them as 'show plates' from companies like this on eBay. Alternatively I think Ireland is exempt from the restrictions so it might be worth a look over there.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
owelly

posted on 4/4/06 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
It is possible to buy the reflective backs in yellow and white for 'signage purposes only'. Just need to find a reliable supplier as the ones round here are a bit hit and miss!!

Andy North

posted on 5/4/06 at 06:05 AM Reply With Quote
I just ordered mine from these

orders@fancyplates.com

+44 (0) 288 164 8999

bimbleuk

posted on 5/4/06 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
As above....

http://www.fancyplates.com/

skint scotsman

posted on 5/4/06 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
how big would demand be on sticky plates???

being in the sign trade i could possibly do some kinda deal for fellow locosters with my suppliers if demand was high enough.

RazMan

posted on 5/4/06 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going to need a sticky front one when the time comes.
I used to be in the sign trade so I can even give you a Signlab or Flexisign file

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

DIY Si

posted on 5/4/06 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
They are avilable from my local sign makers. Just walk in and they print it out for me. Totally illegal mind, as the backing doesn't come up to the relevant bs spec, hence for show use only. Oh, and mine where even black and silver! Only cost £10 or so.
Lightning

posted on 6/4/06 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
I got some for a few on this site. The white reflecting backs are £1.75. Can you get cheeper?

Steve

owelly

posted on 6/4/06 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Did you get my cheque Steve? I'm assuming you did because I havn't heard otherwise!!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.