Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: De-dion back end.
bebot

posted on 10/4/06 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
De-dion back end.

I'm new to the scene Guys, so be gental with me.

Has anyone actually built a de-dion axle to Rorty's plans? Looking at the drawings the de-dion tube is parrallel at the ends, but the trailing arm brackets (5.3 degrees) suggest some toe in, is this right?

This has probably been asked a thousand times before, but due to ultraslow dial up i could be days trying to sort through the various posts to find what i want.

Thanks Guys.

zilspeed

posted on 10/4/06 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bebot
I'm new to the scene Guys, so be gental with me.

Has anyone actually built a de-dion axle to Rorty's plans? Looking at the drawings the de-dion tube is parrallel at the ends, but the trailing arm brackets (5.3 degrees) suggest some toe in, is this right?

This has probably been asked a thousand times before, but due to ultraslow dial up i could be days trying to sort through the various posts to find what i want.

Thanks Guys.

Hi and welcome

Craig1410 built his own DeDion, but I couldn't tell you to which design. Do a search of his website and you may discover more info.
I have a dedion, but it's a bought in one.

DIY Si

posted on 10/4/06 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I thought Rorty's plan only had a single bend in the middle and the end brackets made up for this by going on at an angle? Could be wrong though.
DIY Si

posted on 10/4/06 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Also, if you're unsure see the other threads on here with posts by jroberts. He's in the process of building complete kits for you to weld up how you like. U2U him if interested. They shoud be roughly £90 a kit. And if you ask nicely, he may do a one off if desired. I know, since he is for me.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.