Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luegosportscarclub.co.uk
kitcarkris

posted on 14/5/06 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Luegosportscarclub.co.uk

YES IV DONE IT...... well i managed to start building a web site for the luego sports car club, i bought the domain and then have started building it. It is a start, and over the next month it will get bigger and bigger, with the photo gallery members list and way more to come. an events list is being developed as we speek, now heres where the rest of the luego owners come in, i need ideas!!!! loads of em. i want to know what you want on your web site??? before being influxed with everbody asking for a forum i can't do that, yet anyway, still working bits out as we speak. so give me ideas, PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL THE mail@luegosportscarclub.co.uk!!!! i dont want my email to get crashed before iv finished, give me a week and then i will allow mail to be sent! that includes pictures of your cars (and yourselfs) so what do you think? the design wording anything give me feedback. Down to small bussiness, this site isn't free and i don't mind paying the montly charge for it but will not say no to donations to help keep it running, i am currently paying £15 a month to keep the site up and also paid £32 for the domain name, im happy to keep paying but (hint hint) it's not cheap. Do i rely on donations or, do i have a joining fee??? i dont know help me deicde. feel free to make a donation via paypal into the following account: kristinanderson398@hotmail.com hope you like the site if you want me to alter it i will let me know tho
many thanks for the support
kristin anderson

Paul (Notts)

posted on 14/5/06 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
It's good to see someone has got some "Get up and go for it " spirit.

I am up for a small donation but don’t have Pay Pal account.

Some one mentioned they helped produce the original web site for luego on either the owners club thread or the press release, I’m sure they would lend you a hand with building the web site.

There are some spelling mistakes on the site ….

Looking forward to Newark .. If any help is required towards the luego owners club area I,ll be there on Sat and Sun. could bring gazebo table etc.

Paul ( will post pics to site next week. )

Mr G

posted on 14/5/06 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
£32 for the domain name and £15 a month for hosting? Is that cost more than a couple of years?

Someone saw you coming i'm affraid if not

Good on you for sorting something out but you might want to bear these 2 in mind incase of any other domains and sites you might want to create :

www.123reg.co.uk
www.jamroll.co.uk

Cheers

G

Danozeman

posted on 14/5/06 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good and the site looks good. Im glad to see someone willing to sort something out

If u make it a proper club and charge a joining fee then maybe a newsletter or something would be required to justify the fee?

Might be good to have a how to section or a build help section with probelsm people have encountered and how they got over them etc and members galleries etc.

Im up for a donation if its needed.

As said that 15 quid a month seems a bit steep for hosting the site.

[Edited on 14/5/06 by Danozeman]

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

rickys2000

posted on 14/5/06 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Whether some one saw you coming or not, at least you have got on and set it up. Good on you!

I dont mind donations or a subscription. At least with a subscription you could put it to good use and maybe sort out club T shirts or like

Thanks

Ricky

Mr G

posted on 14/5/06 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not knocking any ones enthusiasm, I'm pointing the original poster in the direction of good value for money domain registration and hosting (free) - Both companys NTDWM & there are others out there. As this is a 'locost' site i'm sure anyone giving a donation would rather see the money going to good cause for a new club rather than lining a hosting companys pocket to the tune of £180 a year

Cheers

G

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

rickys2000

posted on 14/5/06 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Mr G - Fair enough and I agree with you

Better in ours than anyone else!

Thanks

Ricky

tj4ord

posted on 14/5/06 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah have to agree to! would rather see the money going to the club! but donations wouldn't be a prob!

Think should try and make or do or use the building guide like on the luego website. just incase it goes missing to still help out us that are still building!

just and idea

Keep up the good work

Paul (Notts)

posted on 14/5/06 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
I allready have a copy of the build info off the luego site and The build CD for the Viento..If required.

Dont think we need to bother with a Forum as this site works well and we have our own section

piddy

posted on 14/5/06 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Kristin.
Good on you for setting it up
As someone has already said the fee your paying are way too much.
The website I run has two versions one is free, your allowed seven title pages each will allow another seven pages.
And one that you have to pay for this costs £24 a year and has unlimited pages and ammount you wish to show on it.
My site is payed for by donations from my members. I asked if they would all pay 50p each time we meet (each month) and they were keen to pay.
I think you need to have an annual membership fee but I would say this should be between £5 and £10 a year
anymore and you will put people off.

Dave Bailey

posted on 14/5/06 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Kristin,
Sorry mate I only skipped through the post and e-mailed to the mail account before I realised you didn't want it used.

Anyway bottom line I would like to join.

Dave Bailey
Building ST170 powered Velocity Xt
Location..Horndean near Portsmouth.

I'm up for a donation or a joining fee.

good work.

darrens

posted on 14/5/06 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Kirsten

If you need a hand on the website forum thing, let me know, I might be able to help, have had a bit of experience on database linked webpages etc.

Cheers

andybod

posted on 14/5/06 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
don't mind a joining fee how about a section so we can see where we are all based ?
wilkingj

posted on 14/5/06 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Well done for doing something rather than just talk

You got ripped off on the Domain name big time... sorry you should have asked, there is a wealth of experience and knowlege on the forum.

My experts at work (DNS professionals) tell me to use Easily.co.uk they are very good.

Anyway.. my view, Keep the forum here.. lets not isolate ourselves and this is already up and running.
Someone will have to monitor and administrate and regulate a Forum.. that's a fair bit of work, and no need to duplicate whats already here.

Also have you looked into the legal responsibilities of being an officer or comittee member of a club?

The Officers and comittee members are personally financially responsible for the clubs affairs. This is not a job to be undertaken lightly. We went through all this with our Land Rover club, and decided it was just better to meet once a month for a beer, and not have a formal club as it had lots of implications. We still meet up after 7 or 8 years.

Anyway. just my 2d worth.

I dont see any problem in forming a club, doing the forum here, and having a website elsewhere. I am surprised you dont host it from home over your broadband. Thats what I do, www.v8viento.co.uk All run from my little room here on its own (crap) server. And I dont have a static IP address. No real problem if you set it up right. Just depends on the traffic loading etc.

At least it moving forward

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kitcarkris

posted on 14/5/06 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys for feedback, just wrote an email to complain about the cost of the domain and the cost of the monthly site "rental" they said they are dealing with my e-mail and will reply within 24 hours, do you rekon i could close this one down and open another in a differnt site but try and keep the domain? and ideas
jollygreengiant

posted on 15/5/06 at 04:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kitcarkris
thanks guys for feedback, just wrote an email to complain about the cost of the domain and the cost of the monthly site "rental" they said they are dealing with my e-mail and will reply within 24 hours, do you rekon i could close this one down and open another in a differnt site but try and keep the domain? and ideas

Good on yer mate.
As to cost I have never forked out for something like this so I wont comment, except that if £180 per year then there have got to be more than 180 luego owners/builders interested in joining a club, but hey if there are only 30 that join up then say £10 annual membership and that leaves £120 in the kitty.

Ok, Ill get my hat & coat and I'll leave

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

G3OFF

posted on 15/5/06 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
website.

Hello Again...

my name is G3OFF smiley@i12.com

as i mentioned before.. i was the guy who did the original luego website.. and hosted it..

if anyone needs any help let me know... have a luego viento myself and would like to help out to keep things going..

i would have also been able to sort out hosting for free on our business server..for the club....

also... dont forget with the demise of luego... their website will only be active for so long... (as long as i can) so the build manuals etc could do with transfering over to the club site.... asap

if you guys need any help...

let me know

G30FF

no such thing as to much power......

kitcarkris

posted on 15/5/06 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
going back a few steps, iv been given a full refund from the host who i was with as i have now cancelled it, as many of you said it can be done for free i even got a refund for the domain which i still own, thanks to you if you donated money it has bee refunded it, but was very nice to see some were willing to give for the club, im going to talk to geoff about hosting on his bussiness server and go from there, watch out geoff im coming to talk to you!!!!
cheers
kristin

Paul (Notts)

posted on 15/5/06 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a good step forward
APR

posted on 15/5/06 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
good move . sounds a top idea well done and keep us informed.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.