Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Freecycle
Browser

posted on 6/6/06 at 12:54 AM Reply With Quote
Freecycle

The above has been mentioned a few times on here but I thought I'd give it a proper post for those (like me) who didn't know it existed. There is a scheme running to try and cut down the amount of stuff going to landfill which is still potentially useful to someone. You register with Freecycle (and YahooGroups if you aren't already) and can then either access the website or receive a daily digest of stuff people want to get rid of. This is a non-profit thing so it's only stuff you want shot of for free but there is a suprising amount of stuff being slung which can be used by the average locoster. If you're interested click here and have a look

JonBowden

posted on 6/6/06 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for suggesting this. I've joined my local sectin on Yahoo to see if it is any good

Jon

ReMan

posted on 6/6/06 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
It looks good, thanks.
There are 3 groups local to me, so i'll keep an eye on the one in the poshest area
I have one or two things that I wouldn't lower myself to sell on ebay, but are too good for the tip.
Cheers

dave dickson

posted on 6/6/06 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
I joined the Aberdeen one a while back and gave away a load of stuff to some people who were very gratefull.

On the downside, I was also messed about spectacularly several times by people not turning up to collect things etc etc.

Gave it up in the end for an easy life.

Now living in the South of France. Woohoo!

jonno

posted on 6/6/06 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
been using it for a while now, been quite usefull

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.