Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 0-60 on a 2.0 pinto
matt page

posted on 30/8/06 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
0-60 on a 2.0 pinto

does anyone know what sort of 0-60 time a 150bhp 2.0 pinto will do??

cheers
matt

se7ensport

posted on 30/8/06 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
ballpark of 5sec in a 7 style kit.... google 0-60 calculator, you input weight & bhp and it'll give you an approximate guide.
matt page

posted on 30/8/06 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
yep. its a 7 style car.

cheers mate

Just

posted on 30/8/06 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
150 bhp is a lot from a 2.0 - is that definitely RR measured?
andyharding

posted on 30/8/06 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
I can beat a VX Turbo in mine.

Once I have the ignition sorted and rolling road I reckin mid to low 4 should be do-able but I'm pushing a lot more than 150bhp.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

DarrenW

posted on 31/8/06 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Depends on gearing, launch technique etc. My pinto is std apart from diy ported head and fr32 cam. Using DD2 recorder ive managed approx 5.8secs on normal road in unscientific (read very!! just in case Chris M reads this!!! LOL) conditions. I bet id be lucky to have 120 - 130 bhp at the flywheel, maybe 95bhp at wheels on a good day.

Id like to think if i rebuilt engine to around 150 / 160 bhp at flywheel and stuck some R888 boots on id be around the 5sec mark. In anyones book that is fast for a little car, not many production cars up to £25K would stand a chance.

mookaloid

posted on 31/8/06 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
Darren

i know that Darrens car once achieved a 0-60 time of 5.8 seconds, the strong gale and very steep hill helped tremendously though

i would expect a pinto with 150bhp to be somewhere in the 5's

fastest pinto i've seen is Mookaloids, i'm sure with bike carbs and a bit more fettling it should be even faster.

Chris

I've got my throttle bodies just working on an ECU etc

I reckon I'm around 4.5s on the 0-60 with a genuine 150BHP at the wheels and 3.92 diff + CR gearbox

Cheers

Mark

DarrenW

posted on 1/9/06 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
Darren

i know that Darrens car once achieved a 0-60 time of 5.8 seconds, the strong gale and very steep hill helped tremendously though

Chris

he he he (you bugger!)
Dont set me of on that again, i did say it was unscientific. my launch technique is so dreadful that i need all the help i can get!

I can vouch for the speed of Marks car. I had a ride out in it and was amazed by how good it was. Well tuned, well set up, very torquy and amazing handling. Quite an achievement considering the ballast it was carrying at the time!!!!

captain carruthers

posted on 4/9/06 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
My 2.0 pinto does 0 -60 in about 5 1/2 secs no problem

its standard with a twin choke webber

it has 190 BHP per tonne

Jim

DarrenW

posted on 4/9/06 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by captain carruthers
My 2.0 pinto does 0 -60 in about 5 1/2 secs no problem

its standard with a twin choke webber

it has 190 BHP per tonne

Jim

To put this into perspactive. I had a M3Evo a while back. They were a respectectable fast car. 321bhp as std, weighs 1430Kg and does 0-60 in 5.5secs according to the stats. That equates to around 225bhp/tonne.
The average Pinto 7 weighs around 580Kg. To get the same power to weight ratio you only need 130bhp at the flywheel which is quite easily achievable. There are not many 2.0 Pinto 7's that wont reach 0-60 in less than 6 secs. The problem is that you soon get used to the acceleration and start a quest for just a little bit more.................

billy

posted on 5/9/06 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
i would say rather a long time

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

captain carruthers

posted on 6/9/06 at 06:31 AM Reply With Quote
very true, thats the only problem ive propbably done about 700 miles in my Indy and already im looking for that bit more of that head on the back of your seat action!!!
hmmm bike carbs next i thinks!!

procomp

posted on 6/9/06 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Hi IT also has a lot to do with the car setup irs -dedion - liveaxle - tyres and the individual persons clutch control. I have seen kitcars admitadly race ones but still using road clutches achive a 0-60 in 2.9secs and for the sprinters the 0-64 feet in 1.9secs all with road tyres and 200bhp in a car weighing 510kg.

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 7/9/06 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Hmmm thats good to hear!!

Once I have sorted the crunch damage and sorted SVA I can report back on mine.

Should make around 175hp @ wheels (200 ish flywheel) and weight in the 550-600kg mark.

The VX 16v with alloy bellhousing etc should be a tad lighter than a pinto, not by much but every little helps!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.