Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: sierra Mc Pheersons used by mk's....
eddie

posted on 1/6/03 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
sierra Mc Pheersons used by mk's....

anyone got any pix i can see or dimensions of the front sierra uprights,

got some old mcpheersons cut off below the spring mount and the hub carrier / disk setup

my plan is to turn the mc pheerson leg end bottoms down, insert a turned up peice in the top of the tube with a thread to suit a ball joint sat on top, mig the lot round in a seam weld for a custom suspension upright

i just need to see how much of the leg i need poking out above the top face of the carrier.

i'm told mk do this so any pix to copy would help loads

Please feel free in advance to: correct, update, ridicule or laugh and point at any comments made by myself in this post....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locodude

posted on 1/6/03 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
You were told wrong. The whole of the leg is removed and an adaptor sleeve (cup) is bolted in it's place. The ball joint is then fastened to this adaptor. I believe what you're talking about is the way that Fisher/Sylva/SSC do it.

kingr

posted on 2/6/03 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
I believe viper has an extremely useful diagram of the sierra upright in his photo section.

Kingr

eddie

posted on 4/6/03 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
cheers chaps, you've given me new ideas, shoulnd be hard to turn up an adaptor.....

Please feel free in advance to: correct, update, ridicule or laugh and point at any comments made by myself in this post....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 4/6/03 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Last pic in my archive shows overhead view

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.