Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Owner
dsapsfo1

posted on 13/4/07 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
New Owner

Hi All

Thought I'd introduce myself to the group - Dan's the name. I've recently bought a Viento fitted with a RV8 from a SD1 - not long built and SVA'd, but the engine had seized when I went to look at it! I bought it anyway and then managed to source a twin-plenum SD1. I've spent the last weekend pulling the engine out of the Viento and replacing it with the one I then pulled out of the SD1. Current state of play is that the new engine is almost in, just needs aligning on the input shaft. I then need to re-plumb the fueling and wiring etc for the EFI and she should be good to go. The car generally looks to be in good shape, although the paint needs some polishing work following the last owners attempt at doing the same! I haven't bothered dressing and cleaning the new engine yet, as I want to run it around and shake it down first - plan is to just use it this season and then pull the engine again next winter. I'm hoping to get it all done for Stoneleigh and so hope to meet some fellow owners there....

Here's a link to the car as it was before the engine came out - Dan's Viento

Dave J

posted on 13/4/07 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the mad house. Bad luck on your original engine (I'm also on my second engine). Look forward to meeting you at Stonleigh. Which day will you be going?
I'll most likely be in my Viento on the Sunday. Hopefully there will be a fair few Luego owners there.

Viento looks smart BTW

Cheers

Dave

stevec

posted on 13/4/07 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome,
What could be better, a car for the summer and a project for the winter.
All the best.
Steve.

jollygreengiant

posted on 13/4/07 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good for you mate. welcome to the mad house. At the current rate of luego's surfacing it should be an EXCELENT time at Stoneleigh. Look forward to seeing you there.

Clive.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 13/4/07 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the mad house. This site is excellent for any sort of advice needed..

Have been building mine for a couple of years now but hope to finish it this year.

Where abouts are you in north notts.. I am in Ravenshead if you fancy a drink some time.

Will be camping at stonleigh so should see you there.

Look forward to meeting you.

Paul

Ps are the heads of the old engine going spare...?

[Edited on 13/4/07 by Paul (Notts)]

dsapsfo1

posted on 13/4/07 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the warm welcome guys - just got in from ther garage and the engine is now bolted up in place and I'm pleased (relieved) to find that the bonnet clears the plenum (just). I'll hopefully get the wost of the wiring/plumbing done tomorrow which will then put me well on the way to being on the road again.

Not sure which day I'll be at Stoneleigh yet, it will largely depend on how far I get with the car etc.

Paul - I'm in Sturton le Steeple, near Retford, not a million miles from you and a drink is always welcome!

simonk

posted on 16/4/07 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dan, nice car.

That flyscreen is just what I'm after for mine, do you have (or would you be kind enough to take) a couple of detail photos showing where on the scuttle and how it is fitted and post them?

Many thanks
Simon

dsapsfo1

posted on 16/4/07 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Simon

Thanks!

No problem - it's off the car at the moment, but I'll try and take some pics of it in isolation and the fixing points. If you like what you see, I can create a template of it and post it over, so you can get one cut somewhere locally?

Dan

simonk

posted on 16/4/07 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
That would be great Dan, thanks.

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.