Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK e-mail addy
Pezza

posted on 10/10/07 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
MK e-mail addy

So which one are they checking with even a modicum of regularity at the mo?

Sent an e-mail to both the addresses listed on the site a couple of weeks ago about quite a long list of parts I want plus a few questions, but heard sweet F A back so far.

Ben

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

donut

posted on 10/10/07 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
I would never bother to email ANY kit car company. Best to phone as they are usually too busy to reply to email..except MNR!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StevieB

posted on 10/10/07 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
I sent them an email about an aeroscreen I've paid for but not had from 18 months ago. No joy.

I rang them up and got more sense out of their email reply.

I'm not sure what's going on with MK anymore - I heard great things about them before I bought my kit, but never really got very good service myself, and now they seem to have lost it completely.

Hellfire

posted on 10/10/07 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Must admit, MNR seem to be the one's showing the way at the moment.

Steve

Confused but excited.

posted on 10/10/07 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
I sent them an email about an aeroscreen I've paid for but not had from 18 months ago. No joy.

Now that sounds like hammer time.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Agriv8

posted on 10/10/07 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Ohh thats linning them up for a big fall.

Though I do know personally that Marc and Chris do try and get email queries delt with ASAP .

They have taken on another Mechanic to enable Marc to continue development ( You will never stop him ) both in the chassis and part production.

But here again I belive the orderbook is very full and they are shipping at least 2 or 3 kits a week at the moment !.

Put it another way he was too busy working that we missed going for a pint .

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

StevieB

posted on 10/10/07 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB

Now that sounds like hammer time.

Well, when I rang up, I tried to remind them that they'd had the money ages ago and I'd been patient in waiting for them to sort the molds out. Just fell on deaf ears and was told to ring back some other time when they might have some in stock.

I'm just writing it off a string of disspointments never to be repeated.

russbost

posted on 10/10/07 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
MK's site appears to be down at present - I don't think things are the same since Martin Keenan left to do the Roadrunner thing. 18 months to deliver anything is ludicrous,by now will have been completely forgotten.

I'm a (very small) kitcar company & I answer ALL my email, usually same day, you can never be too busy to communicate with your customers & I find email wastes far less time than phone calls.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Pezza

posted on 10/10/07 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers chaps, i'll try giving them a bell.

Only really need the bodywork from them so might just order the rest of the bits elsewhere.

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

snoopy

posted on 10/10/07 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
MK's site appears to be down at present

works for me ?mk website

ASH3

posted on 10/10/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
TWO sites MK Owners club & MK Sportscars TWO different people toooooo!!
There was a big deal about 100th member i would have luved to have met him at Donny

ASH3

posted on 10/10/07 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
You have taken my replies to you totally the wrong way.

You did not beat a mate you are our 100th and im proud of that and of you that you took the time and money to join and are most welcome. Please remove the bee from your bonnet n move on

graememk

posted on 10/10/07 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IndyJohn
Ok

there are loads of posts on here of people complaining.

About welds

about electrics

about deliveries over 18 months

and I have asked why

is that complicated Hellfire?

I only asked where are the balls after, the post is made? Seems that a little backtracking goes on and maybe. They should have never made the post?

john

dont fotget about the indys rear geomtery as well and the way the rear tub joins the sides your missing out loads ok mk probs mate

Hellfire

posted on 10/10/07 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
The last time I looked at the 'welds' thread, only one person has had a weld break that was produced by MK. In my opinion, that does not constitute a problem.

Not sure what the electrical issue is. The only post I saw which related to the electrics on an Indy was that by Digger Barnes, who said his electrics were 'not a work of art'. However, he's not 100% certain that the electrics were done by MK in the first place. Again, I don't see a problem.

StevieB waiting 18 months for an aeroscreen. That's his choice, he does have alternative solutions. Yet again, I don't see the problem. I do however see an issue for him to resolve with MK Sportscars.

So no, it's not really complicated.

Have you personally got a problem with MK Sportscars? Have you had any dealings with them, or is it just because you're pi55ed off with the MK owners club? If it's the latter, then ask for your money back. Simple.

Phil

martyn_16v

posted on 10/10/07 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
dont fotget about the indys rear geomtery as well and the way the rear tub joins the sides your missing out loads ok mk probs mate

Oh yeah, and wishbones not fitting, self-centering (incidentally there's a post on WSCC about westie's failing SVA on this as well, but obviously it must be MK's fault somehow), poo powder-coating.

If I wanted to buy a car that'd fit together in a week by the book i'd have had to have spent lots more, and I'm happy with that. The problems aren't suddenly disappearing, you're just rubbing people up the wrong way.

Hellfire

posted on 11/10/07 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Speaking of backtracking John - we have helped you via u2u in the past as have lots of other people ith MK's or not... this forum is for helping and making aware problems you are experiencing. There is not point jumping on the band wagon and shouting off if the experience is not personal to you. Often, putting the Cart before the Horse can make you look rather silly... and looking now at your deleted posts kind of confirms thats how you feel.

Don't go burying your head in the sand - leave your posts there for all prosperity, we all make mistakes.

Steve

IndyJohn

posted on 12/10/07 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you for the advice hellfire.

I think the people I have met via this website know what type of person I am.

I only tried to support steveb, and then things got out of hand.

So looking back, I wish I had kept my mouth shut and not tried helping, but thats not in my nature.

We have raced sidecars for the last 2 years and thats all we did all the time. Any solo rider can tell you how amazed they are at how much sidecar lads work on each others bikes just to make sure they get out there racing.

What I am trying to say is, I am not the person you have percieved.

Regards John

[Edited on 12/10/07 by IndyJohn]

IndyJohn

posted on 12/10/07 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Hellfire

would you know who has give me the name posting freak?

or better still they might tell me them self.

Regards john

Mole

posted on 13/10/07 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
I saw it before it must have been an error. A posting freak is someone with over a certain number of posts (1000 maybe)?
IndyJohn

posted on 13/10/07 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply, Mole.

I had a U2U off one of the admin staff about how you get the certain levels.

But he did not know, how it came to be there!

Just a clitch ;-)

john

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.