Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Minor progress, but still a milestone.
jollygreengiant

posted on 17/2/08 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Minor progress, but still a milestone.

Well for the past week I have been off work and dying on the settee with man flu ( apart from going to the area meet on Wednesday night). So yesterday and more so today I was pottering around in the garage doing the little bits of tidying and other bits in the engine bay.

Seem like I've done nothing and taken 2 days doing it. Anyway, I finished connecting up the clutch reservoir and associated pipe work to the gear box ( still got to do final clipping in place) and re-routed the electrical cables and tied them in final (hopefully) place.
master cylinders
Master cyls all plumbed in
Master cyls all plumbed in

Alternator remounted at bottom of block.
Alternator lower & new mount
Alternator lower & new mount

The result of all this was that today I was able to start the engine and move the car under it own steam. Although it was not far, probably only a couple of mm forwards and backwards, but the proof was that I could select gear and get bight on the clutch with the engine running.

This now means that I must get oil in the gearbox, finish of the brake system (ie sort out hand brake cable and balance bar adjustment then lock of bar), sort out exhaust system, finish of connecting cooling system, final fit nose & bonnet, get fuel tank made and fitted, fit rear arches & lights to same, fit front wings, get and fit seats, sort rear deck and fuel filler, and then I should be somewhere near SVA.

Not much to do really.

Oh I forgot, get some wheels & tyres. And I'm waiting for some adapters so that I can fit my front indicators.

Edit = Photo's added.

[Edited on 17/2/08 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 17/2/08 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Next big step is to be able to drive it out of the garage.

Mine is now off the road after developing an oil leak from the oil pump on the way home from the SVA.

The good news is I will have number plates by the end of the week

Browser

posted on 17/2/08 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Well done sir! So, with that small list of jobs to do, you'll be on the road (and irritating the mother-in-law) next month then?

saigonij

posted on 17/2/08 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
moving the car with its own power for the first time is a great fhrill!!!!

well done mate!

rusty nuts

posted on 17/2/08 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one , made my day when I drove mine for the first time. Better start thinking about the SVA paperwork soon !
jollygreengiant

posted on 17/2/08 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Browser
Well done sir! So, with that small list of jobs to do, you'll be on the road (and irritating the mother-in-law) next month then?

If you think that I'm driving down to the Hastings area to annoy IT/HER after she moved out last July and has not contacted us AT ALL then you'll have to have another think about it.

I have more important things to waste my petrol money on.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

richard thomas

posted on 17/2/08 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Top news Clive!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.