Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Oxfordshire locosters
scutter

posted on 2/7/08 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Oxfordshire locosters

After a lull, How about a meeting of the local locosters?

Rose Revived this coming Tuesday the 8th July around 19:00.

Come listen to the tales of woe from me not getting the car on the road or Cheffys lack of progress due to work

See you all there, Dan.

[Edited on 2/7/08 by scutter]

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Cheffy

posted on 2/7/08 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

or Cheffys lack of progress due to work

......or the wife insisting I tile (what feels like) the entire house before I go back out to play!

Still, last tile laid so back out playing as I type!

See you all next Tuesday!

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hissingsid

posted on 3/7/08 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there but the old man won't be currently in Cornwall on hol.

Cheffy got your trailing arms painted today and I'll make a start on the bushes tomorrow or next week. Works bit hectic currently but the boss is off next week so it'll be nice!

Graham

Johneturbo

posted on 3/7/08 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
I'm a few miles away, but i'm not a real locoster! am i still allowed to come along!?
scutter

posted on 3/7/08 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
But of course, all welcome, when folk turn up we've MK's, MNR's even Robin hoods the more the merrier.

Graham, will be good to see you, you must be close to starting the engine soon

ATB Dan.

Cheffy

posted on 4/7/08 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Cheffy got your trailing arms painted today

Now that's what I call service - didn't realise you were gonna paint 'em as well! Cheers fella. Let me know what I owe you before next Tuesday and I'll bring you some beer tokens along.

Cheers,

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

hissingsid

posted on 4/7/08 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Afraid not Dan! Would like to be! Just sorting engine and gearbox mounts at the mo so hope to have them tacked in place for the old man to inspect next week!

Wouldn't worry bout moneys yet Cheffy ill tell the boss how much material I'll take whens hes back week mon and I'll let you know, I'll try get the bushes done for tues hope gloss black is good for your trailing arms.

Cheffy

posted on 4/7/08 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Yea that's perfect Graham. Same colour as the rest of the chassis!

Mart.

hissingsid

posted on 6/7/08 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Cheffy I'll try got your bushes done for tues I've got some crush tubes on my window sill at work so I'll drill them out and turn them down for you aswell.
Cheffy

posted on 6/7/08 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Graham,

You the man!

Sorry Dan, we seem to be hogging your thread!

Mart.

chris.russell

posted on 6/7/08 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
sorry guys, will have to give this one a miss, already got a drinking session planed for that night!

Hopefully at next months little gathering I should have some real progress to show people, fingers crossed

Mines a pint

Cheffy

posted on 6/7/08 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Russell,

If you don't mind me saying so that's a feeble excuse. It's very simple - you come to the meeting from 7.30 till 9 where upon you continue on to your pre-arranged p1$$ up as planned!

Mart.

[Edited on 6/7/08 by Cheffy]

chris.russell

posted on 7/7/08 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Well Mr Cheffy, I would agree with you but as I getting on in life I am unable to maintain my momentum and last a once I sit down in the first pub I need to stay there until they physically kick me out!

And as I am fitting a mates track bike with cameras for his forthcoming track day he is offering to take me out on a free drinking session in Abingdon.... tricky choice - seeing all you boys (and girls) or having free beer.... free beer wins everytime!

Mines a pint

scutter

posted on 7/7/08 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
I have to agree with Chris, whilst his company is most pleasent, I'd be drinking aswell. Catch you next time Chris.

Mart, are you about tomorrow afternoon to help with some wiring?

ATB Dan.

[Edited on 7/7/08 by scutter]

Cheffy

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Evening Gents,

Good to meet up with you all last night.

Graham, thanks for the help with the bushes, Lars, good to see you again mate, must try not to leave it so long this time! Dan, thanks for taking the pi$$ and reminding me that not only am I building a 'slab sided' car, but also that I'm a 'slab sided' driver!

Chris (Russell), sorry you couldn't make it - I hope that a free night on the lash was worth missing out on some stimulating(ish) conversation and that your head wasn't too bad this morning.

Hopefully see you all next month.

Mart.

JUD

posted on 9/7/08 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
So Martin & Dan - how far thru your builds/rebuilds are you?

Sorry I didn't make the meet - sh!t stuff happening at home (health related) so things are a bit difficult.

May be next time

Cheers

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

scutter

posted on 10/7/08 at 05:18 AM Reply With Quote
Greetings Mr Judd, mines just needs a little polishing off and we should be back on the road, Mr Cheffy is well much the same

Hope the health problems aren't too severe.
Best wishes Dan.

Johneturbo

posted on 10/7/08 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
sorry guys i totally forgot about this i also had nothing planned that nite, so did go for a blast around aylesbury/tame. sadly the throttle cable snapped on the way home thou!
JUD

posted on 10/7/08 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scutter
Greetings Mr Judd, mines just needs a little polishing off and we should be back on the road, Mr Cheffy is well much the same

Hope the health problems aren't too severe.
Best wishes Dan.

Oooooo!!!

What is the ETA on yours Dan?

What is the likelihood of Martin getting his through SVA

I guess what I am asking is - what is the likelihood of an Oxfordshire hoon this summer?

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

scutter

posted on 10/7/08 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'm working on it honest

ATB Dan.

Cheffy

posted on 11/7/08 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Mr Cheffy is well much the same

Oy! I heard that!

Got the Zetec chassis stripped back to the bare bones. Just a couple of small welding jobs and modifications to make and then ready for shot blasting and powder coating, then I can start putting it back together again.

In the meantime I'm looking into building my own Megasquirt unit.

Martin, if you get an hour or so and fancy a quick blat down to Blenheim at any point give me a shout. You'll probably run into Dan here anyway! Once he's on the road he's threatening to carry on my V8 build while I finish the Zetec for 'er indoors!

As Dan says, hope the health issue is nothing too serious.

Hope to catch up with you soon.

Mart.

JUD

posted on 11/7/08 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Car is off the road at the mo - will be back up next week. New (quicker) rack and new clutch springs.

I'll be at Blenheim for the prom thing you guys are having on the 19th. At Brunters in the morning, with instructions to get home in time for the classical music. Praying for rain at Blenheim and sun at Brunters - will be allowed to play out longer if that happens

I'll give you a shout once the weather picks up. Perhaps I can give Anita a run out in the Indy to keep her happy whilst you finish hers off!!

Cheers

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

er indoors

posted on 11/7/08 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Martin. Anita here. It would be great to see you. I would love to go for a spin.

Mart said I needed to register my own user account on here now I am the proud owner of my own Se7en replica - or will be when him an Dan have finished it!

I should be able to take you for a spin one day next spring.

Nita.

scutter

posted on 12/7/08 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Oh Boy, Mr F there will be no secrets now,

ATB Dan

JUD

posted on 12/7/08 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Cheffy - what have you done

Anita - no problems. Just need some weather and spare time!!

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.