Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Annoying, time-wasting, mind changing Ebay non-buyers
mr henderson

posted on 17/9/08 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Annoying, time-wasting, mind changing Ebay non-buyers

I thought I'd sold my Audi 1.8t engine a couple of weeks ago. I sent the buyer an invoice, waited, waited some more, and then sent him another nessage with an ultimatum, complete the sale that day or get an unpaid item strike.

He rang me and said he 'couldn't get down' for another week, but said he would send half the money by paypal to show he wasn't messing me about (which of course he already was)

I told him to get stuffed, relisted the engine, got my Final Value Fee back and an unpaid item strike against him.

Sold the enine again, more money this time, which was nice, but........

.....deathly silence from the highest bidder, which is not nice. I wonder if he will have the decency to tell me he's changed his mind (or not got the money) right away so as not to waste any more of my time?

Thank you for reading my rant

John

big_wasa

posted on 17/9/08 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
being cheeky what sort of money is one of them worth ?

I was messed about once, it took four months for the guy to collect after I took his paypal payment. Git......

mr henderson

posted on 17/9/08 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
being cheeky what sort of money is one of them worth ?

I was messed about once, it took four months for the guy to collect after I took his paypal payment. Git......

The first time it was worth £457, the second £510 (it does have all the ancillaries, turbo, ecu etc etc)

I reckon that's pretty cheap for 180 bhp

John

The Great Fandango

posted on 17/9/08 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
DEATH to all eBay non-payers! Been mucked around several times by various pikey scum.

I did get my own back on one idiot 16 year old kid who didn't send me my item...

Turns out he'd done the same to no less than 10 other people (all for different types of items) in the same week.

I paid a visit to the family residence (seems he thought selling to people over 100 miles away was gonna stop them turning up on his doorstep). I was happy to find a well presented 4 bedroom detached house and his father at home.

Got my money back and there was talk of frog marching his son down to the local police station.

Result!

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Dies The Happiest

f1ngers

posted on 17/9/08 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
I sympathise with you.
I have been having similar problems lately with buyers pulling out of the sale claiming they don't have the money or changed their mind etc.
Strangely though I sold 2 items about 3 weeks ago which were collection only. The buyers both know this and have paid for the items by PayPal but any attempts to contact them have failed. The dilemma I now face is do I relist them and sell them to someone else then if the original purchasers finally make contact refund their payment or just wait for a while longer! I just want them out of the way as I need the space.
Nick

hillbillyracer

posted on 17/9/08 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
I think anyone who's decent should be in touch within a day of the auction ending, even if you're not paying straight away with paypal it is'nt difficult to send a short note to let someone know what your plans are & where they stand.
I've just bought a project on ebay & having spoken to the bloke to discuss it's condition & when he needs it shifted I bought it, job done & we both know what's going on, not difficult to do!

Bigheppy

posted on 17/9/08 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
I won a sierra on ebay and arranged collection. When I got there the guy said he could not find the documents but insisted I take the car without paying him. Now almost 3 months later he has applied for a new document but has not contacted me when I contacted him he said he was working away from home and would be in touch. So here I am with a car I owe money on and a seller seemingly not bothered about payment. A police friend says its not on any insurance or their computer.Looks like I've got a free car but will have to have a Q reg !
Paul TigerB6

posted on 17/9/08 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bigheppy
I won a sierra on ebay and arranged collection. When I got there the guy said he could not find the documents but insisted I take the car without paying him. Now almost 3 months later he has applied for a new document but has not contacted me when I contacted him he said he was working away from home and would be in touch. So here I am with a car I owe money on and a seller seemingly not bothered about payment. A police friend says its not on any insurance or their computer.Looks like I've got a free car but will have to have a Q reg !

You can send off to the DVLA for a V5 cant you if its not dodgy for whatever reason. Might be worth the £25 if you want an age related plate

link

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.