Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: back to the grind shortly(contains rant)
theconrodkid

posted on 24/10/08 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
back to the grind shortly(contains rant)

as many of you know i walked out on my job about 6 months ago,me being the sensible type that didnt pi$$ it all up the wall or waste it on drugs managed so save some cash,i went to "sign on",this being a first for me,and what a horrible experience it was,i was given £50 a week,it seems that being over 40,white,male,heterosexual and born in this country is a definite disadvantage.
through a friend i have found a job,its not what i want but will keep the wolves from the door till the recession is over or i get a better offer,£6 an hour to stand next to a lot of polish girlies all day,oh and i was the only one there that was English!.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

SeaBass

posted on 24/10/08 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
to stand next to a lot of polish girlies all day

Arrange these words: A Has Every Silver Cloud Lining?

Are you going to be a door supervisor at a gentlemans club?

[Edited on 24/10/08 by SeaBass]

r1_pete

posted on 24/10/08 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, the only thing this country can do for its natives is kick us in the bollox, against immigrants and scroungers we come second........

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
johnston

posted on 24/10/08 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Know how you feel seems you cant get any help now unless your a forigner and benifits agency as much use as a turd on the thames!

Doctor put me on the sick manager fired me (even though it was a problem discussed before my interview).

went down to dole explained situation got told fill out job seekers explained again the problem on sick etc etc doc doesnt know how long for , got told you can go for different line of work. explained I've done that didnt help etcetc you can still try something else..

okay then went for jobseekers filled out form went for interview only to be told your on sick your not available for work you cant claim jobseekers, oh but your new claim will be from todays date and it might not be possible to back date it

buts you's messed up gave me wrong advice
-yeah but thems the rules ...

bit that annoyed me was i started tech as soon as course started after leaving school, signed up the day after my last gcse exam. Never been unemployed, never been fired before and hitting 30 never claimed anything 1st time filling in form for the dole.

Yet i was made to feel like it was my fault even though it was the doctors advice to take time off, Meanwhile there was a constant flow of people to a phone for "crisis loans" and ones dropping of forms for other loans and grants not a word said.

But the bit i find funny is every time I've been theres been a workies van outside waiting on someone, ones signing on who've obviously been doing painting and decorating or working on a building site and the majority of the rest were running around in designer gear!!!

omega0684

posted on 24/10/08 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
what is the job? ive been out of work now for 5 months, the first 4 were great, spent all my time on the car and used savings to keep me going. the past month to six weeks has been horrible, been very ill, got a job but couldn't start due to illness and then had to tell then i couldn't go back. now i feel like i dont want to go back to work..... and money is running low

[Edited on 24/10/08 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 24/10/08 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
this job is just putting dvd,s into boxes,it will do till something decent turns up,have a word at employment agencies,you never know there might be something even if it just driving?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

chris.russell

posted on 24/10/08 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Yep, the only thing this country can do for its natives is kick us in the bollox, against immigrants and scroungers we come second........

read this today - seems to sum it all up!
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1850249.ece

Mines a pint

theconrodkid

posted on 24/10/08 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
read this today - seems to sum it all up!
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1850249.ece

thats about what happened to my ex bro in law when he de-mobed,wife and 2 young kids with nowhere to go

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

nstrug

posted on 24/10/08 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
We have a lot of foreigners at work, basically because its near-impossible to find Brits who has top-end IT skills and are multilingual.

All the non-EU ones have to do the 'Living in the UK' test - the Britishness test, in order to get their permanent right to remain.

They are all depressed and shocked that a large number of the questions in the test are about the right procedures for claiming government benefits and services. My brother-in-law (American) remarked the same when he finally got his right-to-remain (after 2 years of marriage).

My experience of the Americans, Saffas, French, Germans, Irish, Poles, Cloggies, Aussies, Scandiwegians, Italians, Columbians, Brazilians, Indians and Kiwis that I work with is 100% positive. We hire them because of their skills - and believe me we pay them a premium for that, they ain't undercutting anyone.

Nick

r1_pete

posted on 24/10/08 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
His Afghan neighbours face eviction after a public outcry.

I should bloody well think so.

David Jenkins

posted on 24/10/08 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
I walked out of my PITA job 2 years ago, and had 12 months 'time out', which was magic.

Then I had to find a job - I know what you mean about the job-centres, but it was mostly the half-witted, scrounging, drunk/drugged-up PITAs that really pee'd me off and made the fortnightly visits unpleasant. Every time I went along there would be 50-odd people waiting, of which maybe 5 or 6 actually looked like they wanted to find a job (or looked like they might have a chance of getting one).

I found the staff very good though... I went in with my 'job-finding 4-ring binder' under my arm (full of details of the jobs I'd already applied for, lists of contacts, etc.) and because they could see that I was trying hard I got a lot of respect and help - even though I could only get the job-seekers' allowance. I even got a very pleasant congratulations when I went in to sign-off when I passed my job interview! And they paid for my train fare when I went for the interview.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.