Board logo

stafford
PaulBuz - 12/3/05 at 01:18 PM

Does anyone know the opening time of the show in the morning. (Sun)?

RogerM - 12/3/05 at 03:47 PM

Open to the public 10am. Cars for internal stands need to be parked by 9:30am

4bturbo - 12/3/05 at 03:51 PM

just got back from the show it was really good...
luego got a good stand...
definately going to be purchasing the IRS mod for by chassis....going to save me a whole heap of hassle and time...
£9 entrance is worth every penny

[Edited on 12/3/05 by 4bturbo]

smart51 - 12/3/05 at 04:19 PM

wasn't the best show I've been to.Almost no owners clubs attended. V few kits being shown outside. This is the first time I've been to Stafford. Donnington seemed to be a better show to me.

bob - 12/3/05 at 06:40 PM

Owners clubs tend to go to Stoneleigh/Newark and harrogate,Donington gets a few clubs but this year the show at donington is in the middle of october which may put off the die hard campers who normally attend for the weekend.

rusty nuts - 12/3/05 at 07:00 PM

Is the show any better than the last couple of years? not sure if it's worth the trip again this year?

dern - 12/3/05 at 07:15 PM

If I hadn't of been collecting stuff from MNR then I would have been pretty disappointed. Stonleigh is much better imo.

What did everyone think of MNR's new yellow car (can't remember the name), I thought it looked fantastic,

Regards,

Mark

zetec - 12/3/05 at 08:13 PM

Sorry folks I thought it was a rather poor event. Even half the trade stall section was empty, the rest was usual cheap tool stuff. It has always played second fiddle to Stoneleigh/Donny but if I'd known about it this year would not have bothered. Turnout for club stands was almost zero, not even the RH boys about!

bazwaz - 12/3/05 at 09:09 PM

What do you mean "no Robin Hoods About".There were about 30 Robin Hoods parked inside the hall!

smart51 - 12/3/05 at 10:14 PM

The new car was called Tryton or somthing with a Y instead of an I. It looed really good actually but somewhat too extrovert for me.

I was really impressed with the standard of their GRP, so much so that I'm thinking of buying a VortX rather than an Indy.

flange nut - 12/3/05 at 10:42 PM

Well I thought it was a cr*p show. Worst one I've been to, couldn't even get some half inch UNF bolts!! The trade section was only about half full. I don't think I will be going to Stafford again.

andy d (rizla) - 12/3/05 at 11:03 PM

dont blame ya smart51 thats why i bought one

and want one of them new tytans awsome car,it put the other gt types to shame

great show the actual number of robin hoods was 37 inside and 8 outside(not enough room

zetec - 13/3/05 at 04:08 AM

My try harder to hunt down the Hoods next time!

PaulBuz - 13/3/05 at 04:47 PM

Just got back.
Went with a big list, a pocket full of cash & an empty boot.
came back with a big list, a pocket full of cash & a virtually empty boot.

........Very,VERY disapointed
Won't be going to Stafford show again.

locoboy - 13/3/05 at 05:02 PM

the only reason i will be going to Stafford next year is because its the deadline i have set myself for having my car completed.

I have been to that show for the last 6 years and it has got worse and worse as the years go on.

The number of stands being occupied by companies who have no connection whatsoever with the kit car industry is getting beyond a joke - i was sorely tempted to approach the person working on the stand where they were selling regular everyday clothing and ask 'What the F**k are you doing here?' but i managed to contain myself.

and as for the guy with the stand selling bloody plastic farm animals WTF?

Maybe it is that fact that they were struggling to fill the number of stand spaces but i wold rather a show in a smaller hall but full of stuff thats relevant and not cheap shyte that you can go to your local sunday car boot sale and get.

First £9 of the year wasted.

Triton - 13/3/05 at 06:14 PM

Stoneleigh is the only show worth bothering with, the rest are a complete waste of everyone's time and effort . Donington scrapes thru only by the fact the track is open on the Sunday.

Triton - 13/3/05 at 06:15 PM

Flange Nut,
Best place in Northampton for 1/2unf nuts n bolts is Metcalfes if you can stand the loons that work there!

clbarclay - 13/3/05 at 07:59 PM

First dedicated kit car show i've been to, so by the sound of it, it can only get better.

For £9 I picked up some useful info (most of you probably knew it already though), but was left wondering whether there was another hall hidden out of site.

Marcus - 13/3/05 at 08:15 PM

I didn't go this year, promised myself not to as last years show was pitiful, sounds like I made the right decision!
I agree Stoneleigh is very good if you need bits.
For a club atmosphere, Newark is the one to go to. Locosts outnumber Westfields, and we're usually parked next to them.
Donington is ok for the track experience (I'm giving it a go this year) and the surprise of last year was Harrogate. They seem to be getting their act together.

Marcus

PS Sorry about the Northern bias, I din't get to Exeter or Detling

andy d (rizla) - 13/3/05 at 08:37 PM

detling should be good this year,nice new large hall and lots of manufacturers

Rob Lane - 14/3/05 at 01:08 AM

Last minute decision and Dean C and I went to the Stoneleigh Restoration Show.

Well worth it, three halls and outside area full of stalls. Some very good bits to be had and £8 entrance, £1 saved.

I think this is why many stalls missed Stafford, they were at Stoneleigh.

Dillinger1977 - 14/3/05 at 09:31 AM

I went to stafford today, first show so far and since i'd seen the saturday comments I didnt get my hopes up.

It was good for me to see the cars, sit in a few (i have height issues!), and chat to some of the owners.
I was particularly impressed with MNR's VortX (R1) and Raw's Striker as im after something that'd be good on the track, and the owners were very decent chaps!

ned - 14/3/05 at 10:15 AM

well, glad i spent the time at home working on the car chassis is nearly finished now, just ran out of mig wire -again!

Ned.

splitrivet - 14/3/05 at 01:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rob Lane
Last minute decision and Dean C and I went to the Stoneleigh Restoration Show.

Well worth it, three halls and outside area full of stalls. Some very good bits to be had and £8 entrance, £1 saved.

I think this is why many stalls missed Stafford, they were at Stoneleigh.

So thats where woolies were,seeeing as I urgently needed some stuff off em.

I agree crap show, wont bother next year.
Cheers,
Bob

clbarclay - 14/3/05 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dillinger1977
It was good for me to see the cars, sit in a few (i have height issues!),

If your talking about cars like the complete MK indy on display, don't worry about your height, I'm 6'2" and found the top of the dash a little high. Long legs=shorter body.

Dillinger1977 - 14/3/05 at 04:03 PM

its not a total height thing, i have lanky legs and short arms, so i have to have the seats really far back to get my knees under the wheel, but then i have to stretch to reach the wheel!
assuming i can have a slightly longer steering column when building (or put an extended boss on), i should be comfortable enough

[Edited on 14/3/05 by Dillinger1977]

bob - 14/3/05 at 07:53 PM

You can tell how good a show is by the smiles on the sellers faces,very drol i think rob and dean had the right idea by going to the resto show

I managed to get what i wanted and the company (dazza & scutter) was good too,met up with shortie/mrs shortie splitrivet and reman for a chat which was nice.

Most interesting car for dazza was the 5 series BMW based cobra which he just wont shut up about and it was nice to see MK putting a book chassis on there stand for a change which caused some interest.

Next year...... well if i need something desperatly i'll go,but i will have to desperate.With limelight exhibitions only being able to book the donington show in the middle of october i think its going to have to be Stoneleigh and something different for me this year.

Jeffers_S13 - 16/3/05 at 12:19 PM

Having just discovered I missed the Stafford show it sounds like it may have been for the best anyhow. I wanted to buy all sorts of bits and bobs and talk to some interior carpet trimmer type people but looks like I'll have to do lots of phoning around instead...and pay for postage etc...

James

Jeffers_S13 - 16/3/05 at 12:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by colmaccoll
The number of stands being occupied by companies who have no connection whatsoever with the kit car industry is getting beyond a joke - i was sorely tempted to approach the person working on the stand where they were selling regular everyday clothing and ask 'What the F**k are you doing here?' but i managed to contain myself.

and as for the guy with the stand selling bloody plastic farm animals WTF?

I agree, this really annoys me aswell, if I want a load of cheapy cheap tools or plastic farm animals or an awful cheap wax jacket I'll go to a Sunday market, this sort of stuff is getting too common at kit car shows, its just rubbish that has no place there IMO, I guess the organisers just make that bit extra cash though by having them there. Although to be fair, I dont have to shop at those stalls, so long as other kit car industry style traders dont lose out, I'll put up with them if it keeps the ticket price low, although Stoneleigh gets more expensive each year...

theconrodkid - 17/3/05 at 07:57 AM

way to go snoopy,vote with your feet maybe they will realise that they have to provide a good show and not just collect money at the gate

andy d (rizla) - 17/3/05 at 07:45 PM

maybe they polish it better

JoelP - 17/3/05 at 08:21 PM

lets not mince words gentlemen... off the fence and all that.

Triton - 17/3/05 at 08:35 PM

Yep not right indeedy.......i smelleth a rat

Triton - 17/3/05 at 08:39 PM

Happy pills is what Mr Rizla needs......smiling takes less energy than being grumpy

Triton - 17/3/05 at 10:03 PM

Proper gomper as they say in Wales.....who by the way are gonna win on Saturday

bob - 17/3/05 at 10:45 PM

It always makes me smile when someone gets outed

James - 18/3/05 at 12:41 PM

Come on gentlemen, if you're gonna fight lets do it properly- couple of pairs of boxing gloves, a ring and a crowd baying for blood!

Cheers,
James

ned - 18/3/05 at 12:52 PM

James,

please keep your kick boxing fantasies to yourself

andy d (rizla) - 18/3/05 at 01:14 PM

i think u all better stop being bitchy and learn to except the fact that i have had a few kit cars this is my third so i would think before you speak and critise people snoopy

James - 18/3/05 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ned
James,

please keep your kick boxing fantasies to yourself

Fair point!

Anyway, for Savate I would want them wearing the proper hard tipped boots like I wear!

woodster - 19/3/05 at 10:26 AM

RIZLIAR