Board logo

Turn over sensor gutting
Triggerhappy - 6/12/09 at 09:27 AM

Had an go in open the Busa 08 T.O.S.
Dismantling is really just snapping up the unit "non destroying" and everything snaps back.

The pendelum has an magnet in it and "rest" in line with an sensor on the PCB. So itīs pretty forward ...pendelum has to be secured in line with sensor.

Here is pics. Rescued attachment DSC00344.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00344.JPG

Triggerhappy - 6/12/09 at 09:27 AM

2 Rescued attachment DSC00345.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00345.JPG

Triggerhappy - 6/12/09 at 09:28 AM

3 Rescued attachment DSC00346.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00346.JPG

franky - 6/12/09 at 09:43 AM

i'm going to fit mine so that if I roll the car it cuts out....

02GF74 - 6/12/09 at 10:03 AM

looks like you've burnt you finger.

Andy B - 7/12/09 at 06:57 PM

Franky
I think you will struggle to run with the tilt sensor connected and functioning. Main reason being the pendulum is held in the correct position whilst riding due to the cancelling effects of banking whilst turning.
Unfortunately in BECs our lack of lean whilst our abundance of turning ability serves to trip the sensor, which isnt funny on high speed corners as it is very similar to lifting off the throttle which generates lift off oversteer normally.
My failure to observe this on my first injected F1 sidecar left me with a bill for nosecone, sidepod radiator and exhaust
On the plus side at the ridiculous speed we had entered the corner we probably wouldnt have got all the way round anyway, it was quite normal for us to run out of talent in those days
best regards
Andy