Board logo

Racelogic traction control
paublo999 - 6/7/10 at 10:37 AM

Not very low-cost, but anyone got it working on a bec?

Looking to try and get it configured on my zzr1400 Mnr.

Any help appreciated apart from the usual suggestions that tc should be my right foot Primarily looking for a wet setup.

Cheers
Paul

franky - 6/7/10 at 10:52 AM

i've got a set-up that i'm yet to fit. what sensors for wheel speed are you using? Have you got them all showing in the software? do you have the newer one with adjustable slip?

paublo999 - 6/7/10 at 11:58 AM

Didn't buy the Racelogic ones. Puchased cheaper hall effect sensors from rscomponents. Twenty odd quid each.
They appear to be working fine and I know of a competing product that uses them as standard.

Finding the software flaky. Crashing and not connecting properly. Spoke to Racelogic and they want me to do a log file on standard settings and send it to them.

I have the digital adjuster but I am not sure if it is working properly. Will test this weekend once I get my wingstay welded.

Cheers
Paul

franky - 6/7/10 at 01:52 PM

I haven't got the racelogic ones either, i'm going to use abs sensors triggering off the ABS ring. Are all 4 sensors showing up in the software?

paublo999 - 6/7/10 at 07:52 PM

Wheels are all reporting correctly. Rpm was a saga with the traditional coil rpm feed way too noisy and giving false readings. I have taken a feed off one of the injectors but I am not sure how it will work when the traction control kicks in and cuts the feed.

Cuts seem too severe but when I reduce the frequency of the cuts it doesn't reduce the torque enough. Racelogic think the adjuster may be screwed and is leaving the car on wet mode.

Cheers
Paul

paublo999 - 14/7/10 at 12:44 PM

My unit and adjuster are back with Racelogic for checking. Looks like my adjuster may be goosed.

Will let you know how I get on.

Paul

moochofun - 19/7/10 at 08:51 PM

Traction control - that's for girly's right?

We're still not any further on resolving our Racelogic issues either - we know that we can get the car running with it bypassed now though so it looks like the wiring may be at fault... Kames without TC should be a laugh - pray for sunshine me thinks!

I'm home Tuesday so will endeavour to catch up with you soon laddie.

paublo999 - 19/7/10 at 09:51 PM

That's my tc unit back from Racelogic. Passed all the tests fine. Recommended that I check that I have a good earth and make sure that the adjuster us not wired directly off if the Racelogic loom. Will try to get in the garage tomorrow and see

Racelogic have been good to deal with and I hope to get a test run/logfile to them for analysis next weekend.

Looking forward to Kames mate. Shame you dont have all that carbon there for a kickin. How is the new airbox?

Get the BBQ out

moochofun - 19/7/10 at 10:57 PM

Good stuff laddie - wet weather performance will be massive advantage for you me thinks...

As for the westie, it will be out at some stage this year - likely to be Doune & Boyndie though. I'll give ye a run for yer money there

Airbox? Whit airbox? If yer on about way back when at the Autosport show, I never bothered buying one...? Still lust after a Reverie bling box mind you...

paublo999 - 20/7/10 at 05:39 PM

Carbon mods have posted your request for an 08 busa airbox on their website. A bit strange to be honest. Check it out

Looking forward to the social at Kames

moochofun - 11/8/10 at 01:02 AM

Crikey, your correctomundo laddie. I can't even remember writing that - must have been ages ago? I would still have one of their bling airboxes though