Board logo

Cheapest bike engine kit car to build?
Sloan85 - 27/5/12 at 12:35 PM

I am looking to build a kit car on a budget of about 8k. I have been thinking about a bike engine car as I would like to know which cars can be built for around this money?

I like the look of the Sylva R1ot but am open to suggestions

Thanks

James

Dangle_kt - 27/5/12 at 12:53 PM

cheapest BEC engine is probably a carbed blade (893, 919) - its not just the cost of the engine, its the exhaust manifolds etc etc - blade is a really well trodden path, so no nasty surprises and plenty of bit people are selling off when up grading.

I haven't a clue which is the cheapest kit to throw it in, I built a locost so I dont have a clue about the prices of kits.

fluidslvr - 27/5/12 at 03:31 PM

MK Midi

www.mkengineering.co.uk

ReMan - 27/5/12 at 03:35 PM

Mine came in well under 8k

PAUL FISHER - 27/5/12 at 04:43 PM

Aries motorsport locoblade or MK Midi both can be built on a buget.

link to Aries http://www.ariesmotorsport.co.uk/

motorcycle_mayhem - 27/5/12 at 07:41 PM

Hmmm.... if it was me, I'd go for one of the many older used 7s, Westfields, MK's... world of choice. Given a realistic seller, who does actually(!!) want to sell, you'll get a great car for not much outlay. It'll probably have a good old lump of iron in the front of it, with some residual scrap value. Grab a older (easy/cheap/sensible wiring), well tried, reliable used bike lump - anything with Honda on it is a good move. Meld the two together, Ebay is your friend here for bits (OK, so the quality might be a bit iffy), but you'll end up with something good.

tcr - 27/5/12 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fluidslvr
MK Midi

www.mkengineering.co.uk