Board logo

Pedal Box
Irony - 13/9/09 at 06:46 PM

I am stripping down my Viento, bought it part built and I want to make sure the previous owner did a good job.

The bar that the two rams screw into just seems to rattle around inside the cylinder that is part of the brake pedal. There is a steel bulb on the middle of the bar that surely must need some sort of bush to fit into??? I don't have one and my manual is somewhat lacking in information.

Does anyone know if a bush is needed and if so where can I get one? Rescued attachment pedal box.jpg
Rescued attachment pedal box.jpg

nitram38 - 13/9/09 at 06:53 PM

The ball on the threaded rod should just slide inside the pedal tube and should be a snug fit without any bush.

coozer - 13/9/09 at 06:55 PM

Yep, it needs to be free to move, just put some grease on it to keep it free and stop the rattle.

Basically it needs to be free to able to move.. well in the race world anyway..

tomgregory2000 - 13/9/09 at 06:57 PM

same on my viento

put a penny washer each side of the tube so the yokes dont bind on the tube, can get a photo if you wish

Irony - 13/9/09 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
same on my viento

put a penny washer each side of the tube so the yokes dont bind on the tube, can get a photo if you wish

A photo would be great! So I should just put some grease in there and bobs my mothers brother!! Cheer guys

johhny5 - 13/9/09 at 08:05 PM

Hi Mate
i have a build manual for the velocity, identical car just a lot slimmer, on disc , i can copy it and send it to you,
Just send me a u 2U.
To agree with tom add penny washers to each side of the tubes so the yokes dont bind on the tube.
Set up of the bias bar can be found on Rally Design web site

tomgregory2000 - 13/9/09 at 08:05 PM

Here you go

grease will collect dirt and turn into a grinding paste, use some light spray oil such as GT85

Pedal box
Pedal box

big_wasa - 13/9/09 at 08:22 PM

I reemed the tube out and fitted a propper bearing to mine.

Canada EH! - 13/9/09 at 08:27 PM

That's the one I have from OBP, better ones have a proper bearingwith flat surfaces.

big_wasa - 13/9/09 at 09:03 PM

pic of mods

Irony - 15/9/09 at 08:40 PM

Cheers guys, I shall go with the penny washer option unless I can think of some sort of flexible boot.