Board logo

silverstone, garages, getting close to cars etc?
andy188 - 24/8/10 at 06:09 AM

Hi, going to silverstone this weekend for the racing (first time, yeh), will we be able to get near the cars in garages etc, talk to drivers, mechanics etc, hope you all have a good weekend racing, thanks andy

MK9R - 24/8/10 at 06:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andy188
Hi, going to silverstone this weekend for the racing (first time, yeh), will we be able to get near the cars in garages etc, talk to drivers, mechanics etc, hope you all have a good weekend racing, thanks andy

I assume you mean the 750mc meet this weekend? If so yes, you can go anywhere you like, plus a lot of of us are setup outside the garages as there isn't space. You can also get into most of the grandstands on the inside of the circuit. If you have room throw a push bike in, it makes getting round so much quicker and easier

Here is the program and timetable, plus where the different formulas will be parked up

http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/08%20Silverstone.pdf

theconrodkid - 24/8/10 at 07:12 AM

what are the ticket prices,the silverstone site only seems to mention the big meets,anyone else from LCB racing this saturday?

MK9R - 24/8/10 at 07:20 AM

usually £10-£12. I'd offer my spares, but i've already donated them. Defo worth asking on here if there are any going though.

TimC - 24/8/10 at 07:37 AM

Loads of LCB members racing.. I can't open the pdf to check entries but may include (now here's a memory test):
MK9R
Progers
Ernie
Blackie
motodb82
modee
SMittell
Simes43
Richd
SteveIOW
TMC Motorsport
Procomp21 (I see you Newbie!)

etc

theconrodkid - 24/8/10 at 09:07 AM

forecast looks good,ill be there in my LCB T shirt....no sugar in mine

andy188 - 24/8/10 at 09:24 AM

Thanks for info about silverstone this weekend, dont know if i can fit my bike into my kitcar, lol, aim to come up in it, tickets are £10 on the day, look under club events on silverstone web site, got my six the other day through the post. andy

procomp - 24/8/10 at 09:47 AM

Hi

The great thing about the 750mc race meetings is that people who come to watch and walk around the paddock are made to feel most welcome. I suspect that if you asked any driver about there car they would be very willing to talk about it and whats involved with running the car Etc.

Maybe we could have an official report with marks out of 10 from theconrodkid as to who made the best Tea / coffee n biscuits.

Cheers Matt

andy188 - 24/8/10 at 11:45 AM

Hi Mat,

hows the ankles, will you be there this weekend ?, glad to hear its so welcomming, as this forum is too, will be great to meet you and the drivers/cars etc, get some advise on car setup etc, thanks again Andy

procomp - 24/8/10 at 12:48 PM

Hi

Nott too bad ta. But having recently being trying to use the crutches etc. It has been discovered i am perhaps trying a bit too much little to soon . So in reality attending Silverstone is not going to happen due to the distinct possibility of me over doing it there also. Although Ivan will be there.

cheers Matt

austin man - 24/8/10 at 03:46 PM

me and 4 others should be in attendance for the weekend 4 Indys and a Tiger. The 750 is a good series to follow its about driver ability racing like for like. Pity Silverstone dont allow camping
other circuits they race at do

ShaunB - 24/8/10 at 10:27 PM

Does the no camping on-site rule apply to competitors too? I'm testing Friday pm and racing Sat so was hoping to crash out in my little tent for the night.

Cheers,
Shaun.

MK9R - 24/8/10 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by austin man
me and 4 others should be in attendance for the weekend 4 Indys and a Tiger. The 750 is a good series to follow its about driver ability racing like for like. Pity Silverstone dont allow camping
other circuits they race at do

Most of us either camp or stay in motorhomes, buses, vans etc, not a problem, no one ever asks for you to prove you are a competitor.

[Edited on 24/8/10 by MK9R]