Board logo

Time for a beer too....
paulmw - 30/5/08 at 05:41 PM

Following Adrian's post the kind lady at the DVLA faxed through my reg this afternoon. I am now the proud owner of some 08 plates.

I couldnt wait till the 1st of the month so started the tax today. Guess what I will be doing tomorrow?

I know a bit self indulgent but I am feeling very smug at the moment

Paul

Paul (Notts) - 30/5/08 at 05:57 PM

Have a day off from kiddy duty tomorrow so sat here planning a nice run out.

what I need is a map showing the best places to stop for coffee and cake.

Paul

eznfrank - 30/5/08 at 05:58 PM

£15 (ish) for a weekend of driving sounds like a bargain to me - have fun!!

Danozeman - 30/5/08 at 05:59 PM

quote:

what I need is a map showing the best places to stop for coffee and cake.

Sat nav with the Public house poi loaded onto it is good for that

chris_smith - 30/5/08 at 06:10 PM

you not goin tatton paul it must be round the corner from you, would love to have a look if your goin

Richard Quinn - 30/5/08 at 07:01 PM

Well my car's nowhere near finished but I think I'll have a beer to celebrate your new 08 plates anyway if that's ok?

paulmw - 30/5/08 at 08:21 PM

My excitement got the better of me so I just put the plates on a took it for a blast.

Scared myself to death (and stalled it twice) I didnt realise that these things are so fast!!!!!!!!

Just need to build up some confidence now.

Paul

Chris : I hadnt palnned on going to tatton but might show up if the weather holds

chris_smith - 30/5/08 at 08:22 PM

supposed to be around 21degrees with the sun out all day. what colour is she you got any pics ill keep my eye out for ya

paulmw - 30/5/08 at 08:31 PM

Pic of car Rescued attachment DSCN0086.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCN0086.JPG

Bob C - 30/5/08 at 08:46 PM

Weyhey Paul - at last! Well done - the stalling soon goes (but comes back for moments of max. embarrassment).
My car's in dry dock due to driveshaft breakage but should be back in a couple of weeks - so you have a fortnight of relative safety to enjoy ;^)
Have fun
Bob

chris_smith - 30/5/08 at 09:30 PM

ill keep my eyes open for ya

nice looking car pal well done

worX - 31/5/08 at 05:10 AM

I'm going for a run out to Oulton Park tomorrow round some of the back lanes if you fancy a short blast???

Steve

worX - 31/5/08 at 05:10 AM

And by tomorrow I obviously mean today!

Just got in from work and not slept yet, so I am still on "Yesterday"!

Steve

welderman - 31/5/08 at 10:55 AM

Well done Paul, hope the boss holds up..
And Steve, i know what your up too.

wilkingj - 31/5/08 at 02:43 PM

Wow... Enjoy to the MAX...

However, Just take it steady untill you have learned how it handles, corners and brakes etc.

I am sure its fun, but do not go and kill youself in the first few weeks of driving it.

Have fun learning the car, and dont get into situations beyond your skill level with the car.