Board logo

sierra rear uprights NOT!
aitch - 9/12/09 at 05:30 PM

im thinking of using sierra dif and shafts in my mid engined BEC with double wishbone rea suspension and disc brakes

what are the option for buying rear uprights ????

aitch

liam.mccaffrey - 9/12/09 at 05:34 PM

sierra diff chain driven i'm assuming?

aitch - 9/12/09 at 05:55 PM

yes chain driven i want the flexibility of being able to easily change ratio's as i will probably run some top speed events along side my busa.

id just sooner buy some proven uprights than try and design my own as i have so much else to design and fabricate

aitch

Myke 2463 - 9/12/09 at 06:17 PM

Several people on the bay selling haynes roadster ones £95 pair ready made or £55 you assemble.

jimmyd - 9/12/09 at 06:22 PM

And if you go down the route of making Haynes Roadster uprights I believe I have a spare set of the flat plates which wouldn't cost you much, I'd just need to check the garage. You'll just need the round tubes.

liam.mccaffrey - 9/12/09 at 06:23 PM

fair point about the ratios. I guess you could use any kit manufacturers rear sierra uprights and possibly wishbones too providing you have clearance. Usual suspects, MK MNR etc

Also 3GE from here

They sell upright kits and fully welded too.

aitch - 9/12/09 at 06:38 PM

haynes it is

does anyone have a drawing with dimensions?

thanks aitch

liam.mccaffrey - 9/12/09 at 06:42 PM

worth it even if you're not building one. the new "the book"

book

[Edited on 9/12/09 by liam.mccaffrey]

aitch - 9/12/09 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
worth it even if you're not building one. the new "the book"

book

[Edited on 9/12/09 by liam.mccaffrey]

just placed a bid

aitch

minitici - 9/12/09 at 07:07 PM

Another possibility is Westfield alloy rear uprights.
Not exactly a locost solution but they are nice.
Westfield Rear Upright render
Westfield Rear Upright render

liam.mccaffrey - 9/12/09 at 07:16 PM

you can get it brand new in halfords for about 12 quid?? Its author used ot be a member on here. They have a pretty good forum too.

fazerruss - 9/12/09 at 07:39 PM

I made my own based on the Avon geometry but open style design rather than a box design and look nicer IMHO

Forum Code: rear wishbones
rear wishbones

aitch - 9/12/09 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fazerruss
I made my own based on the Avon geometry but open style design rather than a box design and look nicer IMHO

Forum Code: rear wishbones
rear wishbones

ooooooooooooo very nice im building a full boddied car so looks not so important just something id rather buy than fabricate

aitch