Board logo

WTD......Steering Column Bush Kit
Bumble - 10/2/10 at 09:26 AM

As the title says...I'm after a Steering Column Bush Kit to fit sierra column. Anyone have one or know best place to get one from.
Cheers,
Matt

Steve G - 10/2/10 at 09:36 AM

This one??

Bumble - 10/2/10 at 09:41 AM

Do you reckon that's the same as this one??LINKY

Steve G - 10/2/10 at 09:47 AM

Looks it doesnt it!! Before you go that route though - have a read of this...

linky

there's a typo though - it should be an SLFL25 bearing as per here

Well worth doing from the start

cd.thomson - 10/2/10 at 09:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve G
Well worth doing from the start

+1 much, much, much better than the original!

Bumble - 10/2/10 at 10:11 AM

Hmmmm, interesting. Loooks relatively simple but as I already have a Sierra one fitted (theres a lot of play in it) what mod would I need to do to bulkhead where the existing bush locates?
Cheers,
Matt

Steve G - 10/2/10 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bumble
Hmmmm, interesting. Loooks relatively simple but as I already have a Sierra one fitted (theres a lot of play in it) what mod would I need to do to bulkhead where the existing bush locates?
Cheers,
Matt

To be honest - not much. Probably just open the hole up and drill a couple of mounting bolt holes.

From what i've read - the numbers of those who have upgraded like this from standard must be in the several dozens so you wont be the first to do the bulkhead mods.

James - 10/2/10 at 11:02 AM

Think I bought mine from Lolocost. Bout £1.50?

Cheers,
James

bbwales - 10/2/10 at 11:27 AM

Hi,

You can get the bearings at 1" which fits the Sierra plastic bush perfectly without having to machine anything off. Eriks http://www.eriks.co.uk/ do them and there are plenty of branches throughout the country.

Regards

Bob

miikae - 10/2/10 at 12:00 PM

Lots more info Here on this subject with links to various suppliers and prices etc.

Mike

Bumble - 10/2/10 at 02:08 PM

Thanks everyone....I bought a 1" version (ref SBPFL205-16) from www.simplybearings.co.uk
£10.85 delivered.
I'll post some pics when it arrives and is fitted.
Cheers,
Matt