Board logo

13" CXR's and Sierra Rear Calipers
flak monkey - 21/4/10 at 11:48 AM

Will 13" Compomotive CXR's fit over sierra rear disc brakes ok?

I seem to remember some adjustment being required to the handbrake lever possibly?

Thanks,
David

Frosty - 21/4/10 at 12:48 PM

It depends on the mounting of the calliper. On a Westfield they fit just fine, but on an Indy they don't as an example.

flak monkey - 21/4/10 at 12:54 PM

Well, the axle is dedion and the caliper is fitted to the standard sierra hub. I think the issue on the MK is clearance to the wishbone?

Discs are 253mm OD

Probably best I have a measure up of disc and caliper tonight and send the dimensions over to Compomotive to check.

locoR1 - 21/4/10 at 01:24 PM

David ive not long put 7x13 crx's on mine wrong offset for you but your welcome to come over and try one for clearence if it would help. P.s mines dedion but im running drums so cant help with the sierra caliper clearence

antonio - 21/4/10 at 02:05 PM

it's ok on my MNR, 13"x8, ET 38 IICR
hope that helps

AdamR - 21/4/10 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Well, the axle is dedion and the caliper is fitted to the standard sierra hub. I think the issue on the MK is clearance to the wishbone?

Discs are 253mm OD

Probably best I have a measure up of disc and caliper tonight and send the dimensions over to Compomotive to check.

David, will you let me & the rest of us know the definitive answer to this when you find out? I may be interested in your group buy if the wheels will fit over a Sierra rear disc setup (I actually use Golf calipers, but I have Sierra calipers to compare with).

Cheers.

flak monkey - 21/4/10 at 06:28 PM

Initial measurements suggest that they wont fit. The outside of the caliper is approx 145mm radius from the centreline but the handbrake lever and bleed nipple stick out quite a bit more (another 12mm or so)

However I have sent the dimensions over to compomotive to see what they say.

David

flak monkey - 23/4/10 at 02:24 PM

It looks like sierra rear calipers will *just* and I mean just squeeze under 13" CXRs with a modification to the handbrake lever.

This has only been checked on 8" wide rims with an ET38 offset though....and there is literally 1 or 2mm spare to the bleed nipple.

So just a little snug thats all!

David

hobbsy - 24/4/10 at 06:51 PM

Sorry for the slight hi-jack but has anyone got any info or photos on how you modify the handbrake mechanism? I've got some 13" caterham alloys and they foul the handbrake mechanism. I've taken a photo which I'll upload later

flak monkey - 24/4/10 at 07:31 PM

I was about to ask the same question - I'll start another thread ...