Board logo

Gaz coilovers
stevem2727 - 6/7/10 at 06:29 PM

Has anyone got a spare os rear one of these for sale please.My indy was 80% built when i got it 2 years ago and had been at that stage since 2003.I have now done 350 miles in it and the os rear starting making a noise and i notice that the shock has leaked all over the wheel and suspension.Seeing as they were fitted in 2003 i dont think the 3 year warranty will stand up even though the mileage is so little.I cant afford a complete set at the moment so was hoping one of you guys may have one lying around or could suggest somewhere to get it rebuilt or someone who sells them on there own? cheers

turbodisplay - 6/7/10 at 06:41 PM

Your not the only one with this problem, if I were you get another manufacture.
One guy got them repaired and they still leaked again.

Protech for me next time.

Darren

tony-devon - 6/7/10 at 07:39 PM

rally design sell them on their own, Im looking at them at this monet for my trike project, nice to have a selection of availbale sizes and as I only need 2, its ideal

tomgregory2000 - 6/7/10 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by turbodisplay
Your not the only one with this problem, if I were you get another manufacture.
One guy got them repaired and they still leaked again.

Darren

That was me

Had new damper rods fitted as the old ones were rusty after doing NO miles
And a full service and still p1ss oil everywhere

DO NOT BUY GAZ THEY ARE RUBBISH AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!

austin man - 6/7/10 at 09:51 PM

send them to be repaired, its a common faul with Gaz brother in law has had 3 fail with no milage they started leaking whils still in the build stage. There is a company Dampertech near Thurcroft who will repair them they are Gaz dealers I dont think the Brother in law paid for the repair

ashg - 7/7/10 at 07:59 AM

Had one of mine weeping oil. mark at gaz repaired it same day while i had a cuppa t.