Board logo

Tax Disc Holders
daveb666 - 24/7/13 at 12:32 PM

I nearly have a tax disc, so need a holder. I have no windscreen.

Where are yours? Inside/Outside?

I've seen tube ones and hexagon shaped ones (I'm assuming both from a bike).

Pics welcomed

loggyboy - 24/7/13 at 12:50 PM

with modern computerisation of taxed/insired/mot'd vehicles i plan to keep mine with me so it doest get stolen.

rodgling - 24/7/13 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daveb666
I nearly have a tax disc, so need a holder. I have no windscreen.

Where are yours? Inside/Outside?

I've seen tube ones and hexagon shaped ones (I'm assuming both from a bike).

Pics welcomed

I've gone the locost route, disc inside a plastic bag duct-taped to the centre tunnel. Looks poo though, I do need to sort it out.

sdh2903 - 24/7/13 at 01:00 PM

Bike tax disc holder bolted to the inside of the car

Ben_Copeland - 24/7/13 at 01:02 PM

Best to get a motorbike tax disc holder. They are waterproof and secure. Come in nice anodised colours and fasten down with a bolt or screw. I've got one for mine, but haven't gotten round to fitting it yet.

blakep82 - 24/7/13 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
with modern computerisation of taxed/insired/mot'd vehicles i plan to keep mine with me so it doest get stolen.

Don't forget brainless traffic wardens though. They can still do you for not displaying I think? So I think you can still get a ticket for having a disc and not displaying it?
Only a problem if you leave the car parked in the street though, which I guess most of us don't/won't.
Probably won't be a problem, but a consideration anyway.
I'd got for a good quality secure bike holder between the seats myself

rodgling - 24/7/13 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
Don't forget brainless traffic wardens though. They can still do you for not displaying I think?

Sadly this is true. When someone crashed into my parked Elise and wrote it off, the police turned up and decided to poo over my day a little bit more by fining me twice for (a) not having a tax disc that was out of date by 5 days and (b) not displaying a valid tax disc.

daveb666 - 24/7/13 at 03:09 PM

Ordered a bike one. Decided against the tube one as I cba with any hassle about not being able to read it if I do get stopped.

Vindi_andy - 24/7/13 at 03:54 PM

Have a carbon effect bike one bolted to the outside of car park it all over the place never had a problem with any scrotes nicking the disc