Board logo

Aerodynamics and bodywork design, anyone know of any good sources of info?
Dan. - 14/5/14 at 01:18 PM

Hi All,
My project is fast taking shape (well the mechanics of it anyway)... I'm dabbling with the idea of making my own body work, I'm aware of the extreemly large amount of work involved, and this does not bother me I dont care if it takes 2 or 3 years to finish...
Whilst I have a very basic grasp of aerodynamics (common sense theory) can anyone recomend some good theory sources, be it a book a website. I am not looking for anything rediculasly advanced but something easy to understand and expand my knowledge. Being Dyslexic large volumes of texts are of little use, something with managable parahraphs and ideally well illustrated would be great.
Thanks

DW100 - 14/5/14 at 01:54 PM

Competition car Downforce or Competition car aerodynamics by Simon McBeath if you can get hold of a copy at sensible money.

Once at the Autosport show I went up to a guy on a stand for MIRA who did wind tunnel testing and had a chat. I was there for at least half an hour. He was telling me all sorts of stuff about what does and doesn't work with aero, undertrays and angles etc.

[Edited on 14/5/14 by DW100]

MadMaxx - 14/5/14 at 04:50 PM

Race car aerodynamics: designing for speed, Joseph Katz

Dan. - 14/5/14 at 08:00 PM

Many thanks for the suggestions will see if I can find one of the above. Cheers

Dan. - 15/5/14 at 10:38 PM

Local library is sourcing me competition car aerodynamics if it's any good ill buy a copy :-)

HowardB - 16/5/14 at 07:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MadMaxx
Race car aerodynamics: designing for speed, Joseph Katz

+1

Makes very good reading