MNR vortx rt+ hayabusa build
big_l - 4/12/11 at 09:35 PM

hi guys heres a link to my blog ..

im trying to keep a track of the bits and pieces im aquireing for my car

http://mnrvortxhayabusa.blogspot.com/

Eatpies99 - 4/12/11 at 11:03 PM

basically same build as mine mate

big_l - 4/12/11 at 11:05 PM

Buzzing twins how far you got mate pics???

Eatpies99 - 4/12/11 at 11:07 PM

ive taken lots of pics but i never seem to get round to putting them on....
Basically got a few odds n sods to finish then fitting the engine in. All brake pipes, loom etc.. in place. Ill try upload a few this week to give you an idea.
Your in good hands with Chris and Marc at MNR.

big_l - 4/12/11 at 11:08 PM

Get a blog started mate proper easy

Chris and mark are awesome agreed !!!

Eatpies99 - 7/12/11 at 06:22 PM

Just looking at your blog again, my diff is painted black.
And where did u find that crown wheel and pinion??

big_l - 8/12/11 at 11:33 AM

Ah ha the crown wheel is from a friend who builds grass track cars £200 rare as a good women I'm told

Eatpies99 - 8/12/11 at 11:42 AM

haha not too bad at all mate. Id have paid that.

big_l - 8/12/11 at 08:39 PM

I no some where I can get them new for £400 but I thought that was pricey !!

Where are these pics of your car come on boy pull ya finger out !!!

Eatpies99 - 8/12/11 at 08:55 PM

Pm me that place mate. If turbo it ill be needing it.
I know I know.. Haha

big_l - 8/12/11 at 09:33 PM

If you turbo it more like when !!!!

When you do decide to turbo it let me no and we might get a discount on 2 kits

Eatpies99 - 9/12/11 at 06:53 AM

Ill keep that in mind

ffrgtm - 11/12/11 at 03:52 AM

Cool man, thx for the build log.

Anyone know of a gen II busa build? I'm working on one right now and am curious how they might have done the fuel system...

The gen II has "returnless"... this is proving to be a little annoying considering I am not using the hayabusa fuel pump (which is really a return system but the return is inside the tank). So far the only option I've found is using an external fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator... The only setup I can find with an fittings (I am using a fuel cell) looks to be around $350 usd...

Eatpies99 - 11/12/11 at 07:20 AM

If you check the MK Indy forum, guy called Noc' (few numbers after his name) has one in his Indy

first350 - 12/12/11 at 03:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ffrgtm
Cool man, thx for the build log.

Anyone know of a gen II busa build? I'm working on one right now and am curious how they might have done the fuel system...

The gen II has "returnless"... this is proving to be a little annoying considering I am not using the hayabusa fuel pump (which is really a return system but the return is inside the tank). So far the only option I've found is using an external fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator... The only setup I can find with an fittings (I am using a fuel cell) looks to be around $350 usd...

Newer miatas are also return-less...I re-used most of my miata fuel parts except for the pump; I mounted a Bosch pump externally, but used the Miata return-less fuel pressure regulator to just dump back into the top of the fuel tank. IMO it was fairly simple and didn't cost anything extra (except for the pump)

ffrgtm - 20/1/12 at 10:17 AM

Thanks guys... I guess I was sort of wondering If anyone had just set the regulator back at the tank and dumped straight back in to avoid running an extra 10ft of line by that very dangerous driveshaft... I was hoping this would be an option since the gen II busa wouldn't need the regulator referenced to the mani at all.

I suppose the line loss would be dynamic as the flow rate is constantly varying with engine load so the regulator needs to be right by the engine though.

Anyways, enough hijacking.

More Updates! I am loving this build so far, reminds me so much of what I hope my build is going to come out like.

Eatpies99 - 20/1/12 at 05:22 PM

youve flown past me now mate. ive not had much chance to work on mine since dec really

INDY-R ZZR - 27/1/12 at 11:41 PM

I wish i choose a mmr now. The quality of yours is far better than my Indy R.

ffrgtm - 28/1/12 at 04:55 AM

BOOM.

big_l - 28/1/12 at 07:04 AM

Thanks guys the Mnr is a really nicely made car and over the moon with the quality of my kit and there customer service is outstanding !!

I like mk's but for me the quality just isn't there !!!

I've not touched it for 2 weeks now and on Holliday this week so not much progress at the moment but it's getting wired up by Garry green on the 14th do it'll be running soon it will defo be at stoneleigh !!!! Hope to see everyone there

ffrgtm - 22/2/12 at 04:51 AM

I asked you a question on your blog that you might not have seen... found my answer here: http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=148827.0

Looks like you need to add a catch can with a breather between your crankcase breather plate and the top fitting of your oil tank!

big_l - 22/2/12 at 07:30 AM

Yes well spotted I'm going to get one made by alloy racing fabrications I did email back but it's obviously in cyber space still

ffrgtm - 22/2/12 at 09:01 AM

That damn cyberspace.... I also asked SBD about this a while back and when just now looking for your email I found a reply from them.

It appears that they have appended their Dry Sump Install manual sometime between 6/22/11 (the date I last printed it out) and now. There is now quite a bit of extra elaboration on venting, and they plainly state what you and I both already know (now at least).

big_l - 22/2/12 at 09:03 AM

What are you building ? Get some pics up

Agriv8 - 22/2/12 at 09:23 AM

Gary ( auto sparks ) is a legend and can interface most of the 'Comon bike enginges' to the MNR loom and without referancing the manual. Genuine car entusiast as well.

regards

Agriv8

ffrgtm - 24/2/12 at 02:27 PM

I'm building an rt+ with a 2nd gen busa engine Looks a lot like yours... caged, however mind has a black body (a last second decision I made... lucky us!). sbd dry sumped, 13" compmotives... the key difference is mine won't be road legal (at least at first) and I'll be using hoosier r25b's.. something I'm not sure have ever seen the feet of an MNR.

Considering the strange rubber that's going on the car, I am fully instrumenting everything (building my own gps/imu data logger) and am modelling the car.

No pics up yet... maybe next week when I get a break from classwork and head home!

FuryRebuild - 24/2/12 at 04:15 PM

big_I

I've used Gary as well - he's wonderful, and if it's the same Gary, he's based near me in Harrogate.

Top bloke.

big_l - 24/2/12 at 05:39 PM

Crikey that sounds like a complicated build !!! Get ya pics up mate always nice to pinch someone else's good ideas

Gary is from Harrogate hence the connection with Mnr bloody nice bloke

ffrgtm - 11/4/12 at 02:55 AM

DAMN! That was exactly how I was going to run the induction system lmao. Oh and I'm sure you're really sick of me saying this by now but you've gotta throw a tiny filter on the cap for your catch can, the system needs to be able to draw air from the atmosphere

Can you possibly post more revealing photos of your cooling system? Are you running with no thermostat or just with a hole drilled in the plate? Water pump controller or just 100% duty cycle?

And ya sorry... I've got a ton of pictures but way too many projects right now... If I feel the need to procrastinate those and manage to upload and catalog these you'll be the first to now! I've yet to finalize any plumbing system yet... I'm in the process of fitting an ap racing pedal box because the oem ones are just rubbing me the wrong way.

big_l - 11/4/12 at 07:03 AM

Ah ha that means you didn't spot my secret breather system then look closely at the brether/ catch tank !!!
I had both header tank and catch/brether tank made by alloy racing fabrications. I didn't want to see mounting brackets or breather filter I'm not a fan a Seing stuff all over everywhere so there all in stealth mode !!!

I'll take some more pics of water system for you but it's very simple

I have no thermostat 100% duty cycle

This is what sbd recommend ...

ffrgtm - 11/4/12 at 11:36 PM

Oops my bad. And I appreciate the plumbing pics...

as promised: Some photos of my own.

http://mnrbusa.blogspot.com/