Board logo

Progress so far...
Davey D - 2/4/08 at 07:19 AM

ok people.. what do you think so far?

Its Signal Yellow with all the carbon upgrades

Ignore the dates on the pictures, as i hadn't set the date on it

vinny1275 - 2/4/08 at 07:24 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Please say that you had yours delivered before mine! Got another long weekend coming up, hopefully we can get our bodywork finished!

Looking good so far, you might well need to round off the edges of your suspension holes - very square edges are liable to crack afaik. I like the idea of the side supports as well, are you going to race it?

Cheers

vince

Agriv8 - 2/4/08 at 07:24 AM

Looking really Cool .

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Agriv8

Mr Whippy - 2/4/08 at 07:24 AM

it's big and it's yellow, reminds me of my dingy

really like the side bars

02GF74 - 2/4/08 at 07:38 AM

nice.

i loike theyellow and blue theme going in the garage = complementary colours you know!

stuart_g - 2/4/08 at 07:40 AM

Looking good I like the suspension holes, very neat.

coozer - 2/4/08 at 08:05 AM

Nice looking, yes the square holes look good and interesting roll extensions.

Hugh_ - 2/4/08 at 08:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

Laser 5000? Spice?

Mr Whippy - 2/4/08 at 08:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hugh_
quote:

Laser 5000? Spice?

An old enterprise I believe, named 'Flying Custard', I was working on it last night getting it ready for the spring. I think it is quite a well known boat at Inch and Peterhead clubs. It's come up well with a little bit of work

Davey D - 2/4/08 at 08:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vinny1275
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Please say that you had yours delivered before mine! Got another long weekend coming up, hopefully we can get our bodywork finished!

Looking good so far, you might well need to round off the edges of your suspension holes - very square edges are liable to crack afaik. I like the idea of the side supports as well, are you going to race it?

Cheers

vince

I Picked the kit up in October last year.. but ive not touched it much in the last 2 months... all that cold weather, and darkness kinda drains your enthusiasm

Once the car is built im going to get my MSA race license, and then join the Auto66 Club, they hold Hillclimb, and sprint events around the Eastcoast. Places include: Elvington, Olivers mount, Cadwell, and Teeside Autodrome

Linky here: http://www.motorcycle-racetrack.co.uk/

[Edited on 2/4/08 by Davey D]

westcost1 - 2/4/08 at 10:14 AM

looks really good do the rear wheels fit under the arches ok? is it just the pic that makes them look like they stick out?

"I Picked the kit up in October last year.. but ive not touched it much in the last 2 months... all that cold weather, and darkness kinda drains your enthusiasm"

that no excuse you are in a garage turn the lights on and buy a heater lol im out there building my car under a lean to lol brrr

worX - 2/4/08 at 11:08 AM

Looking good mate!

Steve

Davey D - 2/4/08 at 11:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by westcost1
looks really good do the rear wheels fit under the arches ok? is it just the pic that makes them look like they stick out?

"I Picked the kit up in October last year.. but ive not touched it much in the last 2 months... all that cold weather, and darkness kinda drains your enthusiasm"

that no excuse you are in a garage turn the lights on and buy a heater lol im out there building my car under a lean to lol brrr

Look in the top right hand corner of the 2nd pic... that would be my gas heater hehehe
i know its very warm, and bright in the garage.. but when im in the house looking out the window.. all that darkness, rain, and cold wind still puts me off heheh

Davey D - 2/4/08 at 11:55 AM

The wheels finish level with the outside of the arches.

The suspension needs lowering, and some -ve camber applying, then it will be fine

TimC - 2/4/08 at 12:22 PM

Looks like a quality build! Have you polished your exhaust enough?

Davey D - 2/4/08 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Looks like a quality build! Have you polished your exhaust enough?

you should see it up close.. Very shiny.. had it machine polished

Although im not expecting it to stay that way once ive got the engine running

TimC - 2/4/08 at 02:01 PM

Looks very smart - I toyed with the idea and then thought it would be a nightmare to keep nice to I had mine ceramic coated.

neilj37 - 2/4/08 at 04:03 PM

My silencer is nice and shiny but the pipes are now starting to tarnish because of the heat. I think I might need to get some polish on them !!

Oh BTW nice colour, did you know that yellow cars are the fastest

[Edited on 2/4/08 by neilj37]

marc n - 2/4/08 at 09:15 PM

well done
very nice looking car

bobs bangers - 2/4/08 at 09:21 PM

Davey D

Im not that far from "The Bridge" and rapidly getting through the build ! I hasten to add with a lot of help. I also intend to join auto 66. There is a an event at Olivers mount soon.

Looks a great build and I hope you dont mind but we have found your build pics very helpful. Good luck and best wishes

Bob

Davey D - 2/4/08 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bobs bangers
Davey D

Im not that far from "The Bridge" and rapidly getting through the build ! I hasten to add with a lot of help. I also intend to join auto 66. There is a an event at Olivers mount soon.

Looks a great build and I hope you dont mind but we have found your build pics very helpful. Good luck and best wishes

Bob

Cool! are you building a VortX too? will be good to have a few similar cars there

Which side of the bridge are you on?

i havent been updating the build diary much lately.. but ive got loads more work done tonight, and loads of pictures taken, so i need to get my finger out now, and get them all uploaded

Hugh_ - 3/4/08 at 07:23 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh_
quote:

Laser 5000? Spice?

An old enterprise I believe, named 'Flying Custard', I was working on it last night getting it ready for the spring. I think it is quite a well known boat at Inch and Peterhead clubs. It's come up well with a little bit of work

At not quite the same then... I've just bought an RS600 and am currently doing more swimming than sailing!

OP, sorry for the hijack