Board logo

where to buy
jimbona2 - 31/3/08 at 05:42 PM

hi,
im going the throttle body route for my zetec but where can I buy the package, throttle bodies and all that fun stuff? or what bits make it up?

i know a bit more about what I need if I was going with carbs, i.e. the ecu, the 45 webers, the trumpets, wiring, gasket and inlet and exhaust manifolds but dont know anything about what I need for throttle bodies.

any knowledge on this appreciated!
thanks,

[Edited on 31/3/08 by jimbona2]

scotty g - 31/3/08 at 06:00 PM

Raceline.
Dunnels.
Burton Power.

Werner Van Loock - 31/3/08 at 06:18 PM

Jenvey throttle bodies if the pocket allows otherwise some R1 or GSX-R bike throttle bodies

A fuel&spark ECU, and again if the pocket allows a Weber alpha, dta, emerald, omex otherwise the common megasquirt or VEMS.

High pressure fuel pump with appropriate fuel filter, fuel return line, depending on throttle body setup a injection compatible fuel pressure regulator

And depending on your fuel tank maybe a swirltank (to avoid surges)

That's about it i think, other then carbs that is.

cossiebri - 31/3/08 at 06:19 PM

Emerald sell a complete package

Linky

Not locost though !

[Edited on 31/3/08 by cossiebri]

rusty nuts - 31/3/08 at 07:10 PM

Got my throttle bodies from Ely bike breakers for £65.00 , made the manifold myself although I had to pay someone to weld the ally , total less than £60. Respacing the throttle bodies was easy enough. High pressure pump, swirl pot , extra fuel line about £100 . Emerald ECU was a christmas present , sensors about £40 and a 36 tooth wheel £30 although as you have a Zetec flywheel and possibly crank sensor you shouldn't need that . Rolling road cost £275 plus vat but worth every penny. Megasquirt costs less but probably more hassle getting it set up ? Hope this give you some idea of cost . Not difficult if you do some research..