Board logo

Uninsulated crimps, where to buy 'em?
Browser - 14/3/11 at 11:29 AM

I've ordered meself a decent ratchet crimp tool after years of fannying about with the plier-type tool, and it has interchangeable jaws so it will do pre and non-insulated terminasl as well as straight connectors and bootlace ferrules. I am, however, trying to find someone that sells a kit of assorted non-insulated crimps and am struggling. SOme companies sell you a kit with a tool, which I obviously don' t need, and many will sell packs of 100 of one sort, but I was kinda-sorta hoping for a pack with a varied assortment in.
Can anyone help please?

ReMan - 14/3/11 at 11:41 AM

My preference
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/home/homepage.php

David Jenkins - 14/3/11 at 11:44 AM

I have bought a load from this company

Autosparks

Very quick delivery.

I would probably do a pick-and-mix on their offerings, rather than faff around looking for a mixed selection. I only ever used 2 types of uninsulated connector anyway (1/4" female spade, straight and 90-degree, with appropriate insulating covers).

stevebubs - 14/3/11 at 12:15 PM

VWP
Autosparks
RS

Davey D - 14/3/11 at 12:30 PM

i normally buy all my connectors etc from one of my local Durite retailers. Quite a lot of the good motor factors stock/ can get hold of durite parts

dave - 14/3/11 at 01:21 PM

Call Alan at Premier im sure he will sort you out a bag of mixed terminals. I just ordered 100 female terminals from mdsandover (ebay)

v8kid - 14/3/11 at 03:09 PM

Alan at Premier nice chap.

Jason Fletcher - 16/3/11 at 10:20 PM

Polevolt.