Board logo

New digital dash recommendations
justy75 - 24/7/13 at 09:28 AM

Hi all,

I am contemplating creating a new dashboard and I am considering replacing the various Tiger gauges with an all in one digital speedo type device. Is there a simple digital speedo that is a simple fit for a noob? Or something that will make use of the existing sensors or even connects to the existing cables??!

Thanks

daniel mason - 24/7/13 at 10:18 AM

I like the stack units as fitted to caterham etc.st8100 . large analogue rev gauge with digital readouts underneath. usually can be picked up on ebay at circa £325 with sensors. ive had a couple and i like them. you can expand them as well with shift lights,button sets etc

Smoking Frog - 24/7/13 at 01:08 PM

If you find out who makes the tiger gauges (ETB?) and if they also make a digidash then there's a good chance the senders will work with the new unit. Unfortunately different manufacturers use a sender which will only work with there gauges there seems to be no common standard between manufacturers. You may get lucky with some of the senders water temp and fuel gauge for example so it's worth a try before you ditch your senders. Chances are you'll sell your old gauges on so they may be worth more if the original senders are included and you can start from scratch. I don't think any digidash is hard to fit understanding the instructions is the hard part if it's been poorly translated from a different language.

[Edited on 24/7/13 by Smoking Frog]

justy75 - 26/7/13 at 06:28 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like ETB digidash is compatible with the Tiger gauges so I could go that route. Has anyone had any experience with this ETB dash display?

Thanks

rdodger - 26/7/13 at 06:44 PM

I have an ETB Digidash

I wasn't sure how I would get on with it. But find it really clear and displays what I need. The shift lights are very clear so with a helmet on you don't smash into the rev limiter. I have the red LED set to speed and oil temp/pressure and water temp in the LCD.

The alarms for pretty much everything are handy if you run low on fuel or see a drop in oil pressure.

Very happy with it.

Customer service is spot on too!

daniel mason - 26/7/13 at 07:16 PM

where do you get an rpm figure?
i used the red as rpm,shift lights above, oil temp and pressure + coolant temp and speed in the digital screen although,speedo was very tempremental!

rdodger - 26/7/13 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
where do you get an rpm figure?
i used the red as rpm,shift lights above, oil temp and pressure + coolant temp and speed in the digital screen although,speedo was very tempremental!

I don't bother normally with rpm. I find that well programmed shift lights are easier than trying to look at a rev counter or display.