Board logo

nodiz pro
mike2704 - 5/9/14 at 06:52 AM

Hi Has anyone used Nodiz pro ECU and have there been any problems thinking of using for my crossflow to zetec upgrade any information will be appreciated.
Thanks Mike

BaileyPerformance - 5/9/14 at 09:14 AM

We mapped one on a x flow, once we got it mapped it was fine but the wireless comms was rubbish, kept dropping out, real pain.
Not sure why the designers thought a wireless system was a good idea in a noisey environment like an engine bay.

But, to be fair, once mapped all was well!

mtechmatt - 10/9/14 at 08:19 PM

Dave,

A little tip I have told some mappers - use a USB extension cable and tape the bluetooth dongle to the unit for mapping

We made the system wireless so people could use the free android digital dash app

If the unit is inside the car the comms are usually very good, of not, as above just use an extension cable to have the bluetooth dongle as close as possible to the unit

Now I know you map them I'll add you to the mappers list on our website if thats OK?

Matt

BaileyPerformance - 11/9/14 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mtechmatt
Dave,

A little tip I have told some mappers - use a USB extension cable and tape the bluetooth dongle to the unit for mapping

We made the system wireless so people could use the free android digital dash app

If the unit is inside the car the comms are usually very good, of not, as above just use an extension cable to have the bluetooth dongle as close as possible to the unit

Now I know you map them I'll add you to the mappers list on our website if thats OK?

Matt

Hi Matt,

Do you recommend a particular make of bluetooth dongle?
Maybe its worth adding USB in future versions - a couple of spare pins on the connector could be used for USB to save adding a mini connector on the case?

Adding me to your mappers list will be appreciated :-)

Cheers Dale.
www.baileyperformance.co.uk
www.facebook.com/baileyperformance

mtechmatt - 11/9/14 at 02:56 PM

Dale,

We supply a dongle with the units - usually works up to around 3 meters even next to the HT leads

USB is on the list next - we are changing the processor over to an ARM device which has USB built in so that will make things easier for those that want it - that being said right now we are focusing on our new ME442 ECU and ECOBOOST ecu

Matt

Alan G - 26/9/14 at 01:32 AM

I've used Nodiz with my 2.0 blacktop. Started up first whip of the key and has been running flawlessly ever since!

Would highly recommend using it and Matt is a great help if you have any problems along the way!

Al

Alan G - 26/9/14 at 02:30 AM

Forgot to mention that I used the function on the Nodiz EZ tune software to convert an old megajolt map I had to the Nodiz format.

No problems to report.

mtechmatt - 6/11/14 at 12:15 PM

Alan,

Thanks for the positive feedback - and glad you found the megajolt import to be helpful.

Cheers
matt