Board logo

Best Tickets To Buy For Silverstone or Spa
orton1966 - 23/12/09 at 09:15 AM

Hearing that Schumacher is returning to F1 has prompted me to see my first live F1 race. Despite following the sport for many years I have never seen a live race. Last year when it was muted he would stand in for Massa I did briefly explore the option of going to the Italian GP, figuring that Schumacher in a Ferrari in Italy would be something special, fortunately before I booked anything his return evaporated.

Anyway 2010 with or without a Schumacher return I want to visit at least one race. Most likely Silverstone but also or possibly instead of I might go to Spa. Anyway my question: The online ticketing seems bewildering, bassicly what are the best tickets to get to get a good mix of; view, atmosphere, access and proximity to things happening? Whilst this is not a money no object mission, I am willing to pay a reasonable premium if it improves the experience and enjoyment I have. As a foot-note I might also take my 5 year old son

Not looking to just; arrive, watch and go, I will be looking to spend all three days there

Thanks in advance for any advise people can offer

ash_hammond - 23/12/09 at 09:41 AM

Having done both Silverstone and SPA, SPA is by far the superior track.

Buy yourself a bronze ticket. On race day get yourself seated on the banking next to the Bus Stop corner. Its right behind the Gold grand stand, fantastic views though. Mind you, you need to be early (7am early) as it fills very quickly.

Camping is a very feasible option @ 10 euro per night. Take some warm clothes as it drops cold in the ardennes mountains.

-- Ash

v8kid - 23/12/09 at 09:47 AM

On the only F1 race I went to I drove overnight to get there and promptly fell asleep for the whole duration of the race!!!

Moral is give yourself plenty of time.

Your post inspires me to go again and Spa sounds attractive but would it be a lot more expencive than Silverstone by the time travel costs are added up?

Cheers

daniel mason - 23/12/09 at 11:55 AM

we are having the exact same probs deciding at the moment.i want spa as i think silverstone is on world cup final day! and hopefully we will be in it.

thefreak - 23/12/09 at 11:56 AM

Just been looking at a couple of sites for tickets and the prices vary wildly!

omega 24 v6 - 23/12/09 at 01:49 PM

SPA has truly magical qualities. Went there with SWMBO in 2008 ( Xmass from her and the kids) and sat in the gold stand at Eau Rouge. It was fantastic but if I was going back again then it'd be to either the bus stop area or the Pouhon/Stavelot area.
You might be cold if the weather is poo BUT you will not IMHO be disappointed.

antonio - 23/12/09 at 07:52 PM

SPA!
i had a oportunity to be one of toyota VIP fellowthis year, and we were mainly in Raidillon and it was perfect.we are going to spain this year, but i think it's gonna be the last time since this things are overpriced IMO.
i'm two hours from SPA, so if you want to take a rest at home (even for a night!) we would be please to improve our english with you!
cheers

Volvorsport - 23/12/09 at 11:04 PM

weve been working in belgium quite a lot this year , weve been to SPA about 6 times .

It would definitely get my thumbs up .

if you were travelling yourself , i would stop in leuven for the night, or maybe travel down to the ring after - its about another 1 hr 45mins , or even get up to kerpen to go karting at the micheal schumacher kart centre .