Board logo

What are your winter plans?
speedyxjs - 1/10/10 at 03:42 PM

Im sitting here in the office looking out the window at the howling wind and rain and having read craig1410's earlier post and thought it would be good to have a post for everyones winter plans and 'mods'.

Mine is to get the bonnet made and rear wings cut' n shut and get it IVA'd (i know, its about time!).

blakep82 - 1/10/10 at 03:44 PM

mine will be the same as every year, get the car done by spring. erm...

whitestu - 1/10/10 at 03:45 PM

Not too much.

finish off my soft top
Remove, grease and refit polybushes.
Drive the car!

MikeR - 1/10/10 at 03:48 PM

Get the car finished by spring - I HAVE TO DO IT this year!

Realise how close i am to finishing the other night (still about 200 jobs to go!). Biggest thing left is probably welding on the roll bar as i'm really nervous about starting it / cutting the fish mouths accurately.

RichardK - 1/10/10 at 03:48 PM

Pinto out, zetec in, simples...

dan__wright - 1/10/10 at 03:51 PM

rear end is currently in bits, changing from push in to bolt in and new diff (3.14), ali rear hubs, few changes to exhaust and make a fiberglass boot box.

will probably find more bits as i go along.

blakep82 - 1/10/10 at 03:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Get the car finished by spring - I HAVE TO DO IT this year!

Realise how close i am to finishing the other night (still about 200 jobs to go!). Biggest thing left is probably welding on the roll bar as i'm really nervous about starting it / cutting the fish mouths accurately.

i thought i was close last year. done a lot of work, still doesn't seem any closer, but i've done a lot lol

fha772 - 1/10/10 at 04:00 PM

I'm planning to gave my Haynes built up, so I can at least drive it under it's own power.
Hopefully by mid summer, it should be ready to take on a couple of trackdays, then by the end of the year, it should be about ready for an IVA.
I'm giving myself 18 months to get it finished( fingers crossed).

speedyxjs - 1/10/10 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fha772
myself 18 months to get it finished( fingers crossed).

That reminds me of the time i said i would get mine finished in one year. That was feb 2007 lol

Hopefully yours wont take that long

StevieB - 1/10/10 at 04:16 PM

Midget is getting stripped right down to the basic structure, rear end cut off, seam weld and coilover conversion all round.

pekwah1 - 1/10/10 at 04:16 PM

FINISH THE CAR!!!!!!
and maybe re-mortgage so i can afford it

loggyboy - 1/10/10 at 04:18 PM

My Striker will arrive (6 months late) and I will spend the winter ignoring the kit and spending time with our baby thats due in 2 months.

scootz - 1/10/10 at 04:18 PM

Complete re-wire.

New timing belt and water pump.

New shocks.

Paint the axle and whatever bits of the chassis / wishbones I can get to.

Powder-coat wheels.

Polish ali bits.

Paint plastic bits.

lewis - 1/10/10 at 04:24 PM

I want to.....fit full rollcage,carbon wind deflector convert from pinto power to zetec +make a rear diffuser.

omega0684 - 1/10/10 at 04:37 PM

to finish me summer plans!

nib1980 - 1/10/10 at 04:56 PM

to actually do some work on the car again for the first time in 18 months

alexcraiggtv - 1/10/10 at 04:59 PM

To carry on using it nearly every day (and night). Just put a few more layers on and keep my visor cracked open so I don't steam up.
I dont like to let things dry or seize up by not using it. (Well thats my excuse anyway).

coozer - 1/10/10 at 05:00 PM

I would like to see the Jago on 4 wheels and get the Omex on bumper along with the full cage, and fix the leaking sump...

However I feel none of these will be fulfilled due to, A) working and B) practising alcoholism in the spare time...

TimC - 1/10/10 at 05:07 PM

Collect modded chassis, wrap chassis in stretch wrap, strap chassis to garage ceiling, head South.

RazMan - 1/10/10 at 05:15 PM

stevec - 1/10/10 at 05:21 PM

To build my shiney new engine.

Steve

andy188 - 1/10/10 at 05:31 PM

sort decent exhaust, ignition ??, check over car(nuts bolts etc), adjustable rear shockers, finish roof (mk2), finish what i started last year but didnt (painting inlet manifold, setting up carbs, painting air filter box etc). helping son sort his robin hood, think that should keep me busy.

phoenix70 - 1/10/10 at 06:56 PM

Not quite sure what my winter plans are, but it's either sell up completely, put a set of 45 webers on my Pinto, or fit a bike engine!!!!

daniel mason - 1/10/10 at 07:00 PM

^^^^ bike engine!

phoenix70 - 1/10/10 at 07:02 PM

yes, I'm drifting that way myself, but I need to find some money first.

Xtreme Kermit - 1/10/10 at 07:11 PM

I've got to fit the gearbox I bought from damdy cash earlier this year, duct the radiator, fit a bigger fan and maybe fit the rs2000 ally sump.

Didn't get round to doing a megajolt last winter so I can't see it happening this year either

Steve Lovelock - 1/10/10 at 07:46 PM

Renew Type 9 gearbox

Replace squeaky wishbone bushes

R888 tyres

Not sure if to concede defeat and get the car sorned.

big_wasa - 1/10/10 at 08:25 PM

Finish the bits and bobs for Iva. Allready collecting the bits for the next one so that will mean selling this one.

franky - 1/10/10 at 09:53 PM

To make progress towards an IVA May next year.

Well at least have it nearly ready

Madinventions - 1/10/10 at 10:06 PM

Ed.

Badger_McLetcher - 2/10/10 at 12:16 AM

I want it at least resting on wheels by June... anything more would be a bonus!

matt_gsxr - 2/10/10 at 08:26 AM

Add lightness to rear brake assembly, and maybe swap diff.
Install rear ARB
Fit new speedo (arduino based) and shift lights
Probably build a new monster engine out of all the ex-sidecar bits that I've got

Well some of the above, list getting a bit out of control!

Matt

iank - 2/10/10 at 01:28 PM

Figure out what to do next (I sold my part-built buggy a few months back... just before I finally got a new job doh!)

Will probably build a few electronic parts that would suit whatever I eventually choose.

lotusmadandy - 2/10/10 at 04:55 PM

fit the turbo to my zetec.when it finally
arrives.

Andy