Board logo

how early can i tax my kit before end of month
deanwelch - 22/3/11 at 06:59 PM

basically how early can i tax my kit for the first of april....just tried now but it wont let me

cheers in advance

lotusmadandy - 22/3/11 at 07:01 PM

Dont mean to hijack but i have just been trying to
tax my indy,starting in april and it will only let me do it from
march.

I was trying to beat any budget increase that our wonderful government might slap on.

Andy

[Edited on 22/3/11 by lotusmadandy]

David Jenkins - 22/3/11 at 07:02 PM

I *think* that you can only tax early if you already have a current tax disc.

But don't take this as gospel.

Johneturbo - 22/3/11 at 07:02 PM

If you do it online it's instant anyway so i'd do it the night before

deanwelch - 22/3/11 at 07:03 PM

mines a mk indy too

Johneturbo - 22/3/11 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deanwelch
mines a mk indy too

ahhhh now that makes it very complicated, hmmmm let me think

lotusmadandy - 22/3/11 at 07:05 PM

^^^^ Quality machine

Andy

deltron63 - 22/3/11 at 07:08 PM

When i taxed mine last year, I did it on line and lost a month. It started at the begining of month not the start of the next month. check the dates

simonwinn - 22/3/11 at 07:08 PM

If you already have tax then it would normaly be after the 15th of the month in which your current disc expires. This would be with the reminder form.

If you are on a sorn the you can tax at the post office 2 working days before the start of the month. Most post offices count the saturdays they open as a working day. With all this nice weather I was going to tax the mojo but cant justify losing a months tax!

deanwelch - 22/3/11 at 07:14 PM

cheers guys..........

YQUSTA - 22/3/11 at 07:51 PM

When to apply

If your tax is due to run out at the end of the month, you can renew it from the fifth day of the month.

If your vehicle has been untaxed, because you’ve just bought it, the tax disc has run out or a SORN is in force, you can tax from the first day of the month in which you apply.

If you want the tax disc to start on the first day of the next calendar month, you cannot tax your vehicle more than two days in advance.

From link

jacko - 22/3/11 at 07:53 PM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=152129
This help

Chippy - 22/3/11 at 11:06 PM

On line you can only tax it after midnight on the last day of the month, so basicaly the first of the month. If you do it before that you will pay for the whole previous month, money pinching bar-stewards!!. HTH Ray